HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asfasasu3

2007 yz450 good woods bike?

6 posts in this topic

i just bought a 2007 yz450f. i used to ride a yz125 and only rode moto, ever since i got my thumper all i do is woods ride. is it a good woods bike? any suggestions for a good setup or mods?

I've got an '07 and ride it almost exclusively in the woods. With a few mods it makes a great woods bike. The only thing I'd add that cowboy didn't mention would be a bigger tank and a high pressure rad cap. Oh, and you might want to soften the suspenders a bit too.

I've got an '07 and ride it almost exclusively in the woods. With a few mods it makes a great woods bike. The only thing I'd add that cowboy didn't mention would be a bigger tank and a high pressure rad cap. Oh, and you might want to soften the suspenders a bit too.

Good call on the tank. Clarke, NOT IMS from my experience. I have the IMS 3.1 and it was a miserable pig to install.

I haven't had any boil over issues on my 06 yet. Now that I've said that I know what my next problem will be...

Radiator cages, good skid plate , handguards, GYT-R heavy flywheel, lower gearing, and a spark arrestor.
i just bought a 2007 yz450f. i used to ride a yz125 and only rode moto, ever since i got my thumper all i do is woods ride. is it a good woods bike? any suggestions for a good setup or mods?

Rad guards aswell as braces I'm always folding my left half back on trees or when I dump it on that side,a Clarke or other Over size is a good idea all good suggestions even if you do these things over a period of time this stuff can add up