2007 yz450 good woods bike?

i just bought a 2007 yz450f. i used to ride a yz125 and only rode moto, ever since i got my thumper all i do is woods ride. is it a good woods bike? any suggestions for a good setup or mods?

Radiator cages, good skid plate, handguards, GYT-R heavy flywheel, lower gearing, and a spark arrestor.

I've got an '07 and ride it almost exclusively in the woods. With a few mods it makes a great woods bike. The only thing I'd add that cowboy didn't mention would be a bigger tank and a high pressure rad cap. Oh, and you might want to soften the suspenders a bit too.

I've got an '07 and ride it almost exclusively in the woods. With a few mods it makes a great woods bike. The only thing I'd add that cowboy didn't mention would be a bigger tank and a high pressure rad cap. Oh, and you might want to soften the suspenders a bit too.

Good call on the tank. Clarke, NOT IMS from my experience. I have the IMS 3.1 and it was a miserable pig to install.

I haven't had any boil over issues on my 06 yet. Now that I've said that I know what my next problem will be...

This is what I've done to my 07 for woods.

IMS 3.1, Devol skid plate, heavy GYTR flywheel, Rekluse Z-Start Pro, hand guards, Zip Ty rad braces, 50t rear sprocket, PMB end cap.

Seems to work good.

Radiator cages, good skid plate, handguards, GYT-R heavy flywheel, lower gearing, and a spark arrestor.
i just bought a 2007 yz450f. i used to ride a yz125 and only rode moto, ever since i got my thumper all i do is woods ride. is it a good woods bike? any suggestions for a good setup or mods?

Rad guards aswell as braces I'm always folding my left half back on trees or when I dump it on that side,a Clarke or other Over size is a good idea all good suggestions even if you do these things over a period of time this stuff can add up