HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kawi380

Horn Install

5 posts in this topic

I've pieced together my own street legal kit for the 08wr450f on the cheap but have just one remaining question. I bought a horn that I mounted up front near the headlight. I was thinking I should probably put a relay in between the horn and what "hot" I decide to use so as to preclude frying fuzes anywhere else. Is there a better way to do this? What has everyone done to install their horns?? Is there a circuit that I can tie into that already does this for me?

Don't know how you did your headlight setup, but i ran a power supply line from the hot side of the battery through a fuse holder from the local auto parts store up to the front. i floated the ground and have a full dc system. have the power for my high/low beam switch and my brakelight switch going through the fuse. not the best setup. but it works and wont fry anything else if i get a short. you might try something like that. jlow

Horn will work fine with AC power. all you need is a momentary switch in either the ground or power side to interrupt the circuit.

I ended up buying a horn relay at the local bike shop and used that to preclude any ill effects. Horn works fine and is a lot louder than I thought it would be. I also use a kill switch as my momentary, works great and does clutter the bars.