HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Strattos

IMS tank/radiator shroud problem

5 posts in this topic

I've got a 3.1g IMS tank and YZ shrouds on my 08WR450. I've had it on for a while, but one thing that bothers me about the fitting is that I had to flex the radiators back a bit to get the bottom bolt to line up with the lower radiator shroud hole. Had to flex them back about a quarter of an inch. There's still some flex left if they had to move back any further - such as in a crash, but it still worries me.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Will this risk radiator life? Am I better off getting a file/knife and making the shroud hole bigger?

I just used a couple of longer bolts and put a spacer between the radiator bolt clip and the shrouds. You may have to slightly bend the hole mount area back a bit for alignment purposes, I wouldn't be flexing the rads too much if I didn't have too. Just make sure you have a washer on both sides of the plastic around the bottom bolt hole on the shroud. :banana: WR Dave

Mine were like that too for a little while, after a few hard crashes everything seems to fit just fine...

I just used a couple of longer bolts and put a spacer between the radiator bolt clip and the shrouds. You may have to slightly bend the hole mount area back a bit for alignment purposes, I wouldn't be flexing the rads too much if I didn't have too. Just make sure you have a washer on both sides of the plastic around the bottom bolt hole on the shroud. :banana: WR Dave

+1:thumbsup: