HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steel Panther

Is this still okay to ride?

6 posts in this topic

I dropped my oil filter cover the other day and nicked it, do you guys think its still okay to run? See pictures:

DSCN1461.jpg

DSCN1463.jpg

Also my stock chain reached its limit and I got a new chain and sprockets. Im out with an almost severed index finger so I had my buddy help me with the installation. We didnt have a chain breaker on hand so I told him to use my angle grinder but the bit was cracked so he used the bench grinder and nicked the good link! Retard, but anyways it was on the top of the chain and I was just wondering if I should be worried about it. Its the nick on the left pin of the master link:

DSCN1471.jpg

I didnt think it was that bad but he insists if it breaks he doesnt want to be responsible, what a good friend lol.

The answer on the filter cover is in whether it leaks. No=Good, yes=not.

The nick in the chain is almost certainly not a problem either. If that were one of my Regina chains, that much of the plate would wear off on the lower guide before the chain needed replacement.

agree with Grayracer - can't see the cover giving you issues, the gasket area is still intact and undamaged, I'd run the chain too, a good chain with a nick like that is still better than a crappy chain.

X3, if the filter cover leaks.. replace it. If it doesn't, which I'd suspect it won't then leave it.

Your chain is just fine, buy your buddy a 6 pack for helping out and go ride.

^^ He went through at least 5 beers taking that link off lol. Were gonna ride as soon as I get my stitches out.

^^ He went through at least 5 beers taking that link off lol. Were gonna ride as soon as I get my stitches out.

Well then, that explains the nick in the chain.:banana: Hope that finger heals up nicely.