09 or 10. need advice.

havent heard of any issues

No issues here as well.

only issue I have is my friends can't get me off of it when its time to go home :banana:

I have on 08 and rode a 10 and felt comfortable right away. Didn't seem like a dramatic change in feel to me. Initiated turns a little easier but then again I have absolutely no issues turning on my 08. The bike isn't balanced as well as on 08/09 but if you plan on getting your suspension done anyway it's not an issue.

was the 2010's sag setup for your weight, chrismxer?

was the 2010's sag setup for your weight, chrismxer?

No I set it for the owner and he weighs about 25 lbs less than me. So I would guess the sag was between 110mm and 115mm.

I also had the option of buying the 2010 yz450f,but settled on the 09 model.I prefer cleaning out my carb and adjusting my jetting,once its dialed in theres no looking back.I havent lost a race against any fuel injected bike yet,and have had offers of $10000.00 for my bike.

I also had the option of buying the 2010 yz450f,but settled on the 09 model.I prefer cleaning out my carb and adjusting my jetting,once its dialed in theres no looking back.I havent lost a race against any fuel injected bike yet,and have had offers of $10000.00 for my bike.

that sounds a little spiteful. Sounds like something I would say if I had settled for an '09...:bonk:

Maybe settled was a bad term.Either way they are bolth decent bikes,the rider and setup make the difference.Id compare the 2010 yz450f to all the other 2010 fi bikes and make my decision from there.

Maybe settled was a bad term.Either way they are bolth decent bikes,the rider and setup make the difference.Id compare the 2010 yz450f to all the other 2010 fi bikes and make my decision from there.

Sorry bout that im just anti-carburetor, I can't think of anything I hate worse in the world of mechanical things. I can't believe its taken this long to put s simple FI system on a bike when I feel carbs were outdated when I was a baby. Either way both bikes have the go fast juice and the '09 almost got me cause they had a pretty white one next to the 2010 for a steal.

If your talking power then the carb probley has the upper hand. Look at top fuel dragsters and funny cars how many of them run FI?

If your talking power then the carb probley has the upper hand. Look at top fuel dragsters and funny cars how many of them run FI?

I believe they use a constant flow injection system with about 40 nozzles. A carb is really a cntrolled fuel leak has 0 advantage over a FI system other than it can be adapted to engines easier without the use of electronic sensors and control devices.

All of them. :bonk:

I was able to jump off my '06 and on to a '09. My 06 felt more powerfull every where (Dr D exhaust, quick shot, and fuel screw) and would turn under the '09 (pisses me off when my friend did it to me on my bike). With more set up time and a couple mods I think the '09 will be as good as my '06 but not enough of a differnce to make me jump up 3 model years.

I was able to play with (not ride ) a 2010 in a drive-way. Just the thought of never having to jet for weather/altitude again almost got me on a honda, so looking at the 2010 realy had me going. Now that I know there is not going to be any major changes for the 2011 model, my fate is sealed. Fuel Injection is the "future" right along with just about all the inovations Yamaha used to make the 2010 stand out. Now that people have had a year on the bike and all the possible issues have solutions (thank you to those brave souls), we can build bikes that WILL out shine the preceding generation YZ450f.

My take is if you have a 06-08 then a 09 makes no sence. If you are coming from the older models and don't move around alot the '09s are a killer deal that have a lot of room to grow with just set up and an exhaust.

Since this popped back up...... I was reading a past issue of TWMX this morning and the GYTR 2010 was consistantly faster than Nick Wey's '09. Which may not matter to some and doesn't matter to me but thought I would add this.

Since this popped back up...... I was reading a past issue of TWMX this morning and the GYTR 2010 was consistantly faster than Nick Wey's '09. Which may not matter to some and doesn't matter to me but thought I would add this.
And that was with Nick Wey on both bikes. Lap times, not necessarily speed, were better.

Well, I think I have come to a conclusion. I rode my 2010 at two races over the weekend, Plus practiced all day on it Friday. That is the first I really really rode it a lot all at one time. I am trading in my 09 for another 2010, since they are 2000 off in my area. The bike is good. Real good. I have won a lot on the 09, but I think the 2010 handles certain situations better than the 09. I still don't like it in flat slick corners, but I have learned to compensate for that with seat time! I think a pipe on this bike is money wasted, cause it goes good up till the top end (like 10G's) and I am not Barcia, so it is no problem.

I guess all you guys can shot me , 'cause I have been saying I like the 09 more. After having the bike (2010) since the beginning of March, I rode it without ANY input from my 09 being around. Didn't take it to Ohio with us. I LIKE It a lot, and it is bone stock. The different handling is still different, but I have stopped trying to make it into a 09 450.

The reason I am getting the new 2010 is I can't see the price for a 2011, since they are almost the same. I figure when they come out they will be 8300-8500. New 2010's are 5995 around here.

Gray, you probably think I am crazy, changing my mind and all, but it is what it is.

Gray, you probably think I am crazy, changing my mind and all, but it is what it is.

Never gave it much thought.

Ive heard guys at the track, who own 2010's, commenting on how different the 2010 is and that it takes a good while to get used to all the changes. Haven't bought one yet so I cant say one way or another. But its a common comment around here. Also they say that the FI realy comes on off the bottom without any lag like a carburated bike.

People have said that the 2010 lacks power on top with the stock configuration. Honestly I have no idea what they are talking about cause the power on mine on top is amazingly fast!!!