HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmik517

07 yz450 dirttrack carb mods

6 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on carb mods to help increase mid-range power for dirttrack / iceracing? I have a suppertrapp exhaust system and a k&n air filter. I'm currently running a 50 pilot jet and a 168 main jet. I have a works connection fuel air screw adjustment I do a little tweaking on from time to time to help the rev off idle. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!

ron, I've been told that boring the carb without a flowed head, doesn't yeild much gain? And what is the reason that the honda air boot helps?

You've recently sold a head to a friend of mine, Corey Clare, The bike ran great at the Goshen 1/2 mille, he was very happy with the motor.

Thanks

I belive that tryce and me tryed putting one of my bored carbs on an early 450 yamaha that was stock with a pipe and it was over 2 hp gain.a couple of years ago i ported a head on one bored the carb and put a chm pipe on and the bike went from 46 hp to 54 hp with pump fuel i also installed a 13.5 piston

I belive that tryce and me tryed putting one of my bored carbs on an early 450 yamaha that was stock with a pipe and it was over 2 hp gain.a couple of years ago i ported a head on one bored the carb and put a chm pipe on and the bike went from 46 hp to 54 hp with pump fuel i also installed a 13.5 piston
With the stock head, was it necessary to open the outside end of the main intake port to match the carb? If so, about how far in would you recommend "blending" it?

what about the james dean jet kit, would it be worth trying in a dirttrack application, or is it designed for just mx racing?