HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HaloSix4

Dies When clutch is pulled (07 WR450F)

8 posts in this topic

Today I went for about a 5 hour ride, on the way back it started pouring rain, I was soaked in about 3 seconds. It was all fine until I came back to my house, at the stop sign I pulled the clutch and the bike died, and would not start or run with out giving it throttle or having the choke on, it will not idle in neutral either. Any Help is appreciated I have a big ride on the weekend and would hate to miss it.

Thanks

Hmm, that's odd, since I just cleaned it, but U just got my JD Jet Kit so I guess I'll just install that, another question regarding the jet kit, there is supposed to be a red and blue tip screws, but they are both just gold how do I know witch is witch.

Thanks

Screws??? you mean needles, right? Yes, the top/flat should be colored. If not, call/email James Dean

Today I went for about a 5 hour ride, on the way back it started pouring rain, I was soaked in about 3 seconds. It was all fine until I came back to my house, at the stop sign I pulled the clutch and the bike died, and would not start or run with out giving it throttle or having the choke on, it will not idle in neutral either. Any Help is appreciated I have a big ride on the weekend and would hate to miss it.

Thanks

How wet did your air filter get on the way back, it may have been fouled with water and would only work when the engine is at a higher RPM? Just a thought. :banana: WR Dave

It rained for about 3 hours, and about a foot or more water on the ground that I was going through at high speed so its hard to say, But I'll be doing my jets soon and hopefully that's all it is.