HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GCannon

Cam Follower Bucket Question

5 posts in this topic

I am getting a new cam. I was looking at the online parts Schematic and the buckets come in three different designations Blue, Yellow or Black. My exhaust are Yellow and my Intake are Blue

My Question is what is the exact differences in the cam followers between the three color designations?

Thanks'

They are designators of different fit sizes in extremely small increments.

Obviously best to match them up, but if the correct lifters are unavailable without a huge delay, you should be OK with the black ones (3FV-12153-00-00)

1 person likes this

I'm pretty certain it's the diameter, but there is no documentation of it that I'm aware of. In the automotive world, it used to be quite common to see lifters offered in .0005" oversizes, and to be honest, it's more or less a guess on my part that this is the case here. It's come up before, and I've never had any feedback to indicate it's turned out to be wrong.