HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
delmas

kyb and showa

8 posts in this topic

If you mean the inner chamber springs (ICS) over the inner cartridge free piston, not exactly, but it's similar, and quite simple. The entire base valve stem can be unscrewed from the free piston shaft with the valve itself intact. Then the piston just slides off.

Yes ,

I am clear on that part.But I do not see a lock nut on the stem like on the showa.

There's no jam nut. The upper and lower segments simply screw together. Use the compression valve removal tool clamped in a vise to hold the upper section while you unscrew the lower section from it.

There's no jam nut. The upper and lower segments simply screw together. Use the compression valve removal tool clamped in a vise to hold the upper section while you unscrew the lower section from it.

thanks very much.Does KYB use any of that thread locker that I see in the Showa suspension and should some type of that product be used when putting it back together.One more question .With no jam nut ,does the upper and lower section have any adjustment to get the clickers in the correct position .

No adjustment, just run it together tight. I don't use a thread locker, but if I decided I wanted to, it would be BLUE Loc-Tite.

No adjustment, just run it together tight. I don't use a thread locker, but if I decided I wanted to, it would be BLUE Loc-Tite.

Thank you , great info and I appreciate it very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a ton of experience with showa but this is my first time with kyb

thanks again

Edited by delmas
sp

the manual states there should be 20 clicks on fork compression.

mine has 18 .that is why I wondered about a jam nut and any adjustments.