Some BC billygoating and bushwacking with the WR

Went for a great ride last night. A buddy and I headed up the mountain behind my place for the first time this year as the snows finally all gone and it's 100 degrees down in the valley. Climbed 45000ft of fire road up to the trail and another 500ft on the trail and it was still 90 degrees up there at 9:00pm :smirk:

Some great tech trail riding with lots of adventure. The bugs were insane, you can see them in the helmet cam when were stopped, and the bikes were overheating with all this years windfall we had to make our way around and over. So we didn't quite make our destination but here's some footage to check out from our ride :smirk:

part 1 is long, 10 min and is the last part of the fire road and the very beginning of the trail at the end. Faster stuff, not as exciting as the trail but thought I'd throw it in

All the next clips are short 2-3 min, between overheating and obstacles. All tech singletrack with LOTS of logs. Fun in the woods :cheers:

last one is beginning of descent back down

sweet vid's.. we sure don't have that kind of terrain here...

sweet vid's.. we sure don't have that kind of terrain here...

You have good woods riding though don't you?

Maybe just not all the big trees and ascents/descents :smirk:

it's not bad.. we have some trees, just not like the forest you have...

lost of rocks and sand.. also depends how far you want to go..

we are in the center of the texas panhandle... 79108 zip code..

I will pm you a link to some of our riding... it is my freinds hc.. some funny stuff in there..

Very nice video and place to ride!!! :smirk:

the 450 looks like it has much more low end than the 400.

it's not bad.. we have some trees, just not like the forest you have...

lost of rocks and sand.. also depends how far you want to go..

we are in the center of the texas panhandle... 79108 zip code..

I will pm you a link to some of our riding... it is my freinds hc.. some funny stuff in there..

Well this vid is in the coastal area of BC so things grow fast and big. If no one rode this trail for 5yrs it would all but disappear. We just cleaned the whole trail of windfall for the first time in years last year, and you can see all the fresh tree's down :banana:

If you check out my Three Little Indians vid on youtube you'll see the drier side of BC....

Cool looking terrain you have there, looks like fun railing corners. Definately alot different than anything I really ride here. I take it that's you on the WR in those vids...

Very nice video and place to ride!!! :banana:

the 450 looks like it has much more low end than the 400.

Yeah I rememer those old 400's being a hand full in the woods. Power wouldn't come on till late, then watch out..... Lot's of clutch abuse as well I remember..

Well this vid is in the coastal area of BC so things grow fast and big. If no one rode this trail for 5yrs it would all but disappear. We just cleaned the whole trail of windfall for the first time in years last year, and you can see all the fresh tree's down :banana:

If you check out my Three Little Indians vid on youtube you'll see the drier side of BC....

Cool looking terrain you have there, looks like fun railing corners. Definately alot different than anything I really ride here. I take it that's you on the WR in those vids...

there are 2 wr's in those.. both steel frames.. mine is an 06, my friends is an 04.. He is about 6' in a blue shoei helmet.. I am 5'6" in a red shoei helmet..

the crash one i linked to you first is him... the hc does not do that hill ANY justice...

the hc does not do that hill ANY justice...

It never does :banana:

OK I'll share some vids from my '06 steel steed

last week...no down trees:lol:

OK I'll share some vids from my '06 steel steed

last week...no down trees:lol:

Looks like you've got some great riding there in Montana :banana:

Looks like you've got some great riding there in Montana :banana:

no not really. No reason for anyone to come and ride here. We just have the one trail left.

What gearing are you using in that terrain tribal,/what would be ideal ,im using 13 /51 in tight stuff but i still have to travel there a ways or i might go 52?

What gearing are you using in that terrain tribal,/what would be ideal ,im using 13 /51 in tight stuff but i still have to travel there a ways or i might go 52?

I use to run 13/52 when I had all the free mods and a YZ exhaust. Now that I have a high compression piston and YZ cams I have enough torque that I run 13/51.

I use to run 13/52 when I had all the free mods and a YZ exhaust. Now that I have a high compression piston and YZ cams I have enough torque that I run 13/51.

Starter work ok with those cams?

Starter work ok with those cams?

No, hence seeing me kick all the time in the vids :banana:

It's first kick every time and an easy kick, but on the estart it's so close, it wants too, but rairly fires up. If I go richer on the pilot/ fuel screw, it will work but then my jettings off, and I have a bog on the bottom.

I'm going to throw in the WR exhaust cam one of these days and see what I think of the power with just the YZ intake.

It's pretty rare I actually miss the estart though.

Got a little rain and it cooled off a bit so I went for a ride in the front yard yesterday morning, and now I figured out how to work the volume on the Gopro :banana:

It's soo much better with sound, you can actually tell when it's an uphill or downhill with sound :eek:

First couple are a good mix of woods trails riding in the BC jungle :lol:

Third one is the funnest, rock slab climbing :lol:

Fourth is a couple attempts at climbing a gnarly descent. Can't quite get over that root ;)

No, hence seeing me kick all the time in the vids :banana:

I can't access youtube at work so haven't had a chance to view the vids...wasn't trying to be a smartass:smirk:

I can't access youtube at work so haven't had a chance to view the vids...wasn't trying to be a smartass:smirk:

Nah, wasn't taking it as smartass. I was more just banging myself on the head for kicking a bike that has estart :banana: