yz 400, 426 frame differences?

Hello all, I've been a lurker on here for years and have benefited greatly from the advice and information shared by the members of this awesome forum, thank you very much. I have a very dialed in 06 yz 450f (thanks to you guys), but I just bought a 98 yz 400f very cheap and I am using it for a project and when finished, a spare for me or a buddy. My brother in law bought this bike from me in 02 when I bought my 426. He took it on about 3 rides and I did all of the maintainence on it during that time. It's mine again and I will get the suspension done, 03 cam, maybe the 450 plastics. Any way, does anyone know what changes were made to the frame between the 99 and 00 yz? I seem to remember that the steering head was moved back 4 or 5 mm and maybe the shock was a little longer. When I had both my 400 and 426 sitting side by side the 426 was much taller, and I'm wondering why? I would like to know the differences if I decide to mix and match parts from newer models. If any one knows I would greatly appreciate it, and thanks again to all of you who share your experience and knowledge on here!

Ok, I know that was over 10 years ago. So does anyone else remember the 426 being taller than the 400, or was mine just a fluke?

How much was a lot taller for the 426?

I don't think there was a lot of chassis difference, if any, but there could have been some slight changes like you say about the head tube. I dunno.....:banana:

About 1 1/2 inches at the seat and rear fender.