HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kmcbride

Valve pads needed

8 posts in this topic

Anybody have size two 175 pads that they will sell? They are on back order through Yamaha with no release date. I have had no luck at local dealers. It has been 2 weeks and I am going through withdrawal. Thanks, Keith.

I’m 99% sure that is (mostly) what came in my ’00, and 95% sure I still have them. Send me (or post here) your address and I’ll happily mail them to you.

burt@123mail.net

kmcbride: What were the pad sizes that came with your bike? Mine had 1.80's and 1.79's which kinda surprised me since the 1.79's aren't listed in the chart. I was lucky to get some pretty quick thru HLSM.

Hick: Mighty decent of you to offer those pads to kmcbride... :)

[This message has been edited by Boit (edited 02-01-2001).]

Boit,

Originally Ihad 2X179's, 1X178, and 2X172's.

All valves have tightened since new. I believe that the factory has odd sizes but OEM is in 5mm increments. Many shops will have odd sizes from adjustments, but none I have checked in Maryland. I know I could shave the larger size down and mic it out, but I would feel better with OEM. I am trying to keep valves near high end range, anticipating future tightening.

Much thanks to Hick! He is sending me the 175's. This forum has saved me major time and money, and for someone who has owned and work on bikes for 20 years I have learned more here than from any dealer mechanic I have encountered.

[This message has been edited by kmcbride (edited 02-01-2001).]

Thumpertalk to the rescue! That's great. If anyone else is in such a fix, a machinist could surface grind them to any required thickness.

Yep, my valves have tightened up slightly...but only some. I don't suppose it's all that abnormal for just one of the intake valves to be needing a thinner shim?

Anybody else have any 175's they would like to sell? I've had my order in for two since the 3rd of January.