NEW '09 WR450f. were this jet fits?

The 110 Is the air leak jet. you dont hve 2 use it. Makes no diff.

I got one in the GYTR AIS kit 2. Did not use it.

My Jetting for my 450 WR F is as follows : NFLR yz needle Middle clip, 48 pilot and 152 Main for sealevel to 5000 FT stock exhaust with baffle removed and snorkel intact ias removed.Stock setup from the factory was a 162 main and was way 2 rich contrary to the roumours that the bike comes lean from the factory..... The bikes here in South africa is way 2 rich , So imo bullshit factory lean story. It now starts easyier runs stronger and cooler and the pullaway is better.

If you look at the air bell where the air box boot clamps on you will see two small passages. It's in the one on the left at around 7:00 position.

but the one on the left looks diferent that the one I've got here. and it's not even a close number, stock is 70, the one i've got is 110

this looks like the leak jet but slightly longer...

and don't tell me it's the leak jet, because i've allready replaced it

FFS, it goes into the bellmouth next to the jet that is already in the bellmouth.

Follow the instructions that came with the AIS removal kit and it tells you exactly where it goes.

John

but there is just a hole there... no jet to swap...?:smirk:

Exactly!!!

There is no jet there as they are letting excessive air in to lean out F/A mixture for the restricted settings. The new jet restricts the amount of air making the bike richer for competition settings (pipe, derestricting, etc.)

John

With no main air jet installed it is equal to a 200 because the hole inside is 2 millimeters.

If you look inside the hole with a torch you can see the small hole and the thread that they want you to screw the 110 jet into.

Edited by Racegun

Some FCR's do not use a main air jet, the passage is pre-machined to a spec and the place where the main air jet would go is not machined and tapped for one, hence no ability to screw it in. That is assuming that is the jet in question. Being you did not supply the a picture (of the carb bell and jet) or accurate description of the jet, all we can do is guess. The jet may also be a leak jet (that is installed in the bottom of the float bowl - it is tiny and barrel shaped).

I have to wonder, if you think many of us do not know what we are talking about, why you ask us a question. I guess you already have all the answers. Best of luck to you.

With no main air jet installed it is equal to a 200 because the hole inside is 2 millimeters.

If you look inside the hole with a torch you can see the small hole and the thread that they want you to screw the 110 jet into.

itt makes some sense. I've already swiched everyting else, because those were obvious changes, but noting to swap that one for. ill just screw it in

Some FCR's do not use a main air jet, the passage is pre-machined to a spec and the place where the main air jet would go is not machined and tapped for one, hence no ability to screw it in. That is assuming that is the jet in question. Being you did not supply the a picture (of the carb bell and jet) or accurate description of the jet, all we can do is guess. The jet may also be a leak jet (that is installed in the bottom of the float bowl - it is tiny and barrel shaped).

I have to wonder, if you think many of us do not know what we are talking about, why you ask us a question. I guess you already have all the answers. Best of luck to you.

well, it's a '09 WR450 so many owners here must know what I'm talking about...

about the possibility of beeing a leak jet, gess its not because as I've posted before that one is allready installed, and this jet is similar but a litle diferent.

I'm also not saying people don't know what thei'r talking about, someone else did. it's just that I did what I had to do and that jet was left to the end whit no other "JET" to swich for, and that was what was making me confused. finaly "JDLowrance" and "Racegun" gave me their hints. even in the FAQ's the "main air JET" is 200 and enfased: "non adjustable".

Think about this: what would you do if you've been searching for a "JET" to swich for, which isn't there?

thanks "JDLowrance" and "Racegun"

I'd first post a picture of the jet in question, that would remove all doubt as to what the jet was intended for.

You also tell us you swapped every jet for your 09WR. Ok.... where did these new jets come from? Why did you swap them? Was it a jet kit? What brand?

See, based on your limited information you provide, people have to do a lot of guessing. We are not mind readers.

ok i'm sorry i'm an ideot when it comes to posting pictures on this forum so no pictures,on the # 110 main air jet my instructions that came with my yamaha ais removal kit gyt-5t j93-69-01 reads like this (install main air jet in tapped open hole in the carb bell right next to the factory installed slow air jet) if can someone post a picture of the carburator bell it s on page #3 of the instalation instructions I hope this helps

ok i'm sorry i'm an ideot when it comes to posting pictures on this forum so no pictures,on the # 110 main air jet my instructions that came with my yamaha ais removal kit gyt-5t j93-69-01 reads like this (install main air jet in tapped open hole in the carb bell right next to the factory installed slow air jet) if can someone post a picture of the carburator bell it s on page #3 of the instalation instructions I hope this helps

thanks, already did that.

but, for what i'm reading in all of your posts from you guys on the other side of the pond, is that you talk about a GYT KIT?, do you have to buy the jets to put the WR running good out off the box?

this WR came along whit manual, spark plug wrench, carb needle puller, carb needle, and all other jets to change, including this damn main air jet. doesn't yours in the U.S. do?

the jets came in tiny plastic bags, rumbling around, inside the bike's spares box. there is no instructions on how to remove the AIS, or, how to install the jets. the only thing I had was the bike's manual (whit no reference to the main air jet and location, besides it's stock size in the manual index).

so, no GYT instructions eider, I search in the furum FAQ's, which confirmed where every other jet fited, but not the main air jet.