Remove light scratches from Plastic

What's the best way to remove light scratches from the plastic on a bike? I have an '08 yz450f, and would like to put graphics on the bike, I would like to remove some light scratches first. I'm looking at the Flu Design graphics. Has anyone used these?

there are numerous over the counter products available at your hardware store and cycle shop.

i find the next crash you take really does a good job of hiding the scratches from the crash before.

there are numerous over the counter products available at your hardware store and cycle shop.

i find the next crash you take really does a good job of hiding the scratches from the crash before.

Clutchless,

Your suggested technique seems to be working pretty good for me too! :smirk:

Wet sand the plastic. Start somewhat coarse and go progressively finer. Then apply something like Plastic Renew or Mop N Glo with a rag and the plastic will look as good as new. I've heard of people using Eagle 1 NevrDull wadding polish on the plastic.

Why would you worry about light scratches if you're going to put graphics over them? The material is 15 or 20 mil thick. But... a good product for making plastic shine is Plexus.

The best way to get rid of any scratch is buying new plastic. The next best option is buying a decal to cover it up. Save your time and $$$. Those other solutions DONT work.

What's the best way to remove light scratches from the plastic on a bike? I have an '08 yz450f, and would like to put graphics on the bike, I would like to remove some light scratches first. I'm looking at the Flu Design graphics. Has anyone used these?

Dude, you are going to spend WAY too much effort to buff/sand scratches from your plastic, only to take a stupid low side and trash all your efforts. However if you insist, i've used this on plastic windshields with awesome results :

http://www.novuspolish.com/

I highly recommend an air powered mini buffer if possible..