HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BCN_Runner

WR426F crash. Springs or Tires

2 posts in this topic

Did anybody had a crash braking hard a WR426F on the street?

A few months ago I had it. Fortunately I always wear helmet and protections, and I can explain it.

I was driving too fast in the city (over 50 miles/h) crossing a bridge, but just arriving to the top, I see all the traffic stopped, I braked hard with both brakes, the front wheel start to slide, I attempt to control the lever several times but the bike starts to sway quickly and I was launched to the slope of the bridge sliding in parallel with the bike (only one glove wasted up to burn my hand, but not too serious).

When I repaired the bike (handlebar, brake lever , right white cover) I thought the problem could be the front springs too hard, I'm very light (only 130 lbs) so I changed it to two size softer. The bike improved on all conditions, and now when I'm braking it has more front sinks, like if I were more heavy, but I can't still block the front wheel lifting the rear on the street.

I think it must be necessary. Is possible that stock tires (soft rubber) could be the problem?

With other off-road tires can I brake safety on the street?

Thanks or any helpful advice

:thumbsup:From now I will follow your advice:

NEVER DRIVES FASTER THAN YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL CAN FLY

Thanks

I lost it in a similar situation in the dirt. Personally, I think it is the Dunlop 739 front tire. It just washed out from under me. I do not like this tire. I ride mostly on looser stuff.