How much should i sell my bike for?????

hello I recently have completely overhauled my 2000 yz 426F bought the bike fo 1400 and here are all the things i have done to it:

Brand new wiseco crank assymbly

new wiseco piston kit

yz450 carb to get rid of yamabog

new black excel rims

blue hubs

new spokes

new rear and front desert it tires

new ultra heavy duty tubes

frame , engine gards, case covers and SWING ARM powder coated black

stock exhaust with blue powder coat

new tranny gears.

EVERY SINGLE BEARING ON THE BIKE REPLACED

EVERY SEAL REPLACED

new camshafts

new timing chain

new gas tank and custom graphics from brmoffroad TRIBAL

new fork seals and revalved

rear suspension rebuilt and new blue spring

any rusty bolts i found were replaced with new bolts

new black plastics

new sprocket kit

BASICLLY i made it a brand new 2000 yz426f and it looks very very tough! please let me know what would be a good high and low price to sell the bike at! thanks guys

I'll give you my honest estimate, but you won't like it. The unfortunate fact is that you'll never recover your investment, or even close to it. All of that stuff you bought for it is of far more value to you than to anyone else, and won't really add much to the resale value of the bike on the open market.

First, if you paid that much for a YZ426 that needed all of that done to it, you paid about $5-600 more than you should have had to. Now that it's done, you could try asking for $2300 or so and see if you get lucky, but I doubt you'll sell it for more than $1800, if that.

Part it out. $500 for the wheels $1000 for motor . frame with title 400. carb 100

forks 300 shock 250 exhaust 200 ect... you could probaly get over $3000

hello I recently have completely overhauled my 2000 yz 426F bought the bike fo 1400 and here are all the things i have done to it:

Brand new wiseco crank assymbly

new wiseco piston kit

yz450 carb to get rid of yamabog

new black excel rims

blue hubs

new spokes

new rear and front desert it tires

new ultra heavy duty tubes

frame , engine gards, case covers and SWING ARM powder coated black

stock exhaust with blue powder coat

new tranny gears.

EVERY SINGLE BEARING ON THE BIKE REPLACED

EVERY SEAL REPLACED

new camshafts

new timing chain

new gas tank and custom graphics from brmoffroad TRIBAL

new fork seals and revalved

rear suspension rebuilt and new blue spring

any rusty bolts i found were replaced with new bolts

new black plastics

new sprocket kit

BASICLLY i made it a brand new 2000 yz426f and it looks very very tough! please let me know what would be a good high and low price to sell the bike at! thanks guys

When did you pay $1400, was that years ago? Was it a clapped out bike that needed all this work, or did you just want to build a custom one off bike to ride? Did you do all this work to keep it, or sell it?

Hate to say it, but when people are selling '06 and later 450's for $2000 to $3000, you'll be hard pressed do any better with an '00 426. The only way you're going to see a decent return on this one is to part it out. As a complete bike, even with all your goodies you'll be lucky to get $1500 to $2000.

yz426's sell for about 1500-2000 $ here in good condition

I wanna see pics~!

well not looking to get sell it or anything i was really just curious and bought it almost exactlly a year ago july 4 2009 from a guy in houston (woodlands) rode it for trail riding only rode it probablly 2 a month and was first owner and well i love the bike and 2 months ago the bottom rod bearing froze up and while i had it taken apart i decided to just make it a brand new bike. and i will put pics up soon dont have a camera all money was invested in bike $$$$$$$

well thanks guys i really appreciate it

Ahhh.......yeah, sometimes you really don't want to know. LOL :smirk:

Dont sell it yet, --- enjoy the mods and updates, --- (if you have to sell it, i understand, but its very hhard to recoup your investment on something like that)

yeah well i came into this knowing i would probablly lose money but it was definitlly fun and i am glad i wont have to worry about anything giving way.

Sold my well used, yet well maintained 06 for $2300

If I had your bike and I was looking at selling, I'd take all of the aftermarket parts off and replace them with the stockers. That is, assuming you still have the orig. parts. Then sell the parts/bike seperately.

Like others, I'm not trying to be rude or a d*ck but all of those aftermarket parts won't really get you much more $$ than a comparable bike that's all stock. The age of the bike doesn't matter, anytime you spend $$ on aftermarket bling consider that you won't see that money again. Keeping that in mind does influence some of the purchases I make.

Aside from not getting your money out of it, if you sell it you'll have to change your username. :ride:

well after 4 months and lots of broken tools its done EVERY BOLT AND BEARING has been replaced anything damaged dented has been replaced just need new plastics and graphics.SAM_0136.jpg

it looks like someone painted the forks and swingarm :ride:

yah decided to give it just a different look gotta love powder coat!!!

I have found it chips and then looks terrible, I wont powder coat a bike again, engine parts maybe, but not a frame/swingarm they get hit with rocks too often

I have found it chips and then looks terrible, I wont powder coat a bike again, engine parts maybe, but not a frame/swingarm they get hit with rocks too often

That is very true. The second you ride that bike, it is going to look worse than when you started the project !!!

426s go for like 1500 out here

Didn't you have trouble with the powder on the fork tubes going into the clamps?

That's a lot of black and blue!! lol!!

Not my style, but nice effort!! :ride: