HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
golybrown

2 ride oil

3 posts in this topic

heres my problem,

im using motoul 5100 oil and everytime i replace the oil it lasts no more than 2 rides before it is completely black. Im riding an 08 yz450 with about 90 hours on the clock. I ride motocross and i don't think that i ride the clutch a lot. The bike has had no engine modifications and i replaced the clutch plates just after i bought the bike second hand. The guy before me was running no clutch freeplay and this burnt out the clutch. I have been having this problem for a couple of months when i done a woods ride and was really reliant on the clutch trying to get up some slippery hills. Any one know the cause? Please help?

Try a different oil i run rottella 2 rides and its still clean but i don't race... A buddy runs Lucas and he loves the stuff he races nationals but he said he can tell a difference in how the bike runs and feels from other oils...... To answer your question tho that about normal when you run a bike hard.

Blackened oil is usually the result of oxidization from the oil's inability to tolerate the engine heat, or from fuel contamination. Try switching up to see if a different oil will react differently.