HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tech24

2010 450 approx fuel mileage?

9 posts in this topic

Im going to Hatfield and McCoy this weekend and was wondering in anyone had any idea what kinda mileage you can get out these when trail riding?

I just posted my mileage results in the IMS thread.

In short, I rode 20.04 miles and used 0.935 gallons. This was mostly slow trail riding. I rarely left 2nd gear. Mileage would probably have been better if I hadn't been riding so slow.

2010 YZ450F IMS Tank

crap was hoping for a tad more but figured it'd be about that. I'm running stock tank, maybe I'll carry a spare gallon some how.

IMS tank looks nice but not enough time for me to get one.

Maybe my fuel map will be all -7s lol

Just did a slow trailride myself with a beginner friend. No more than 25 mpg riding in 1 through 3, not lugging.

170 pounds before gear, elev 2700 ft.

I'm not sure how big Hatfield and McCoy is, but you should be able to squeeze 50 miles out of the stock tank. That makes for a pretty big loop... I rode 5 hours this past weekend and only went 20 miles. Granted, it was 100 degrees and we spent plenty of time catching our breathe under what little shade we could find.

I want the mileage you guys are getting... geez. I got 32 per take dead dry 2 times but it was cooler.. around 65 degrees. Soon as it hit 85, I got 41 and still have another inch of gas in my tank. I'm 165 dry and it was 2-3rd gear single track. I was riding pretty low rpm that last time too... coasting on big downhills, etc.

I'm not sure how big Hatfield and McCoy is, but you should be able to squeeze 50 miles out of the stock tank. That makes for a pretty big loop... I rode 5 hours this past weekend and only went 20 miles. Granted, it was 100 degrees and we spent plenty of time catching our breathe under what little shade we could find.

well you can go as far as you want for 100s of miles but my main concern is there are a few hill climbs and play areas we want to find and I just want enough fuel to get there, play around and get back. I did a little reasearch yesterday and I'm way closer than I thought so I should be fine.

I want the mileage you guys are getting... geez. I got 32 per take dead dry 2 times but it was cooler.. around 65 degrees. Soon as it hit 85, I got 41 and still have another inch of gas in my tank. I'm 165 dry and it was 2-3rd gear single track. I was riding pretty low rpm that last time too... coasting on big downhills, etc.

As far as elevation... even in idaho up at 5000 ft. i was getting about 34 on a tank. What map are you guys running? a lean map with advanced timing or something? Maybe I have a hole in my tank. :smirk: lol