HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eckstine918

2010 YZ450F oil leak

6 posts in this topic

I have a 2010 yz450f. The oil filter cover is slowly leaking oil. Everything is clean and see no problems with the cover or mount area. I replaced the oring and it did not do anything either. It is slow enough that the only reason i see it is due to the dust colecting on the oil. Anyone have this problem? What did you do?

I did and it was because the oil filter was falling sideways everytime I put the oil filter cover on. It doesnt stick in there just falls over so I started laying the bike on its sideputting the filter in then putting the oil filter cover on sideways with the top screw hole at like 10 oclock then turning it clockwise until it lined up. So far it has not leaked since. Maybe it will help.

HOss

I did and it was because the oil filter was falling sideways everytime I put the oil filter cover on. It doesnt stick in there just falls over so I started laying the bike on its sideputting the filter in then putting the oil filter cover on sideways with the top screw hole at like 10 oclock then turning it clockwise until it lined up. So far it has not leaked since. Maybe it will help.

HOss

i have done the filter change like that from the start and so far no problems

I was having a similar issue... it was coming out by the side gasket cover though up on the top where the upper oil filter cover bolt goes into the case through the gasket... checked my torque on the bolts and they were a little tight. Changed the oil, re-torqued to spec and no problems since.

Make sure the oring isn't pinched. I pinched the oring one time and had a slow leak but I haven't had any problems since replacing the oring.