HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sbmoto

Chain questions yz 426

4 posts in this topic

Well its time for a new chain and sprockets on the 426. What is the deal with sooo many different chains? Anyone have a recommendation on which one and why? Steel or Aluminum sprockets? O ring or non O ring?

Ive been trying to find a thread on this but I haven't came up with anything..

Are the Rockymountain Primary drive kits good? Go with the RDO or spend the extra and get the ORH?

Thanks in advance!

I like the aluminum Renthal I went a little Bigger or Lower depending on where you ride an RK 520 O ring and a Moose front all good stuff won't break the bank,the only thing I find about the wider O ring chain is the master link clip gets worn by the chain guide

Myself, I like to run RK X-ring chains and steel sprockets. I had Ironmans on my 426 and will probably put a set on the 450 when it comes time. A worn out chain will destroy good sprockets, and vice versa.