99 wr400 reg/rec battery wiring

Baja designs has a reg/rec part number 12-203. They say that you dont have to do the floating ground mod to use this part. https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-122003/Regulator%2frectifier%2c+(dc)+(unwired)

Has anyone used this part on their 99wr400 with good luck. I would like to convert the bike to a DC system and add a battery to make everything work well on my plated bike. The main reason for doin this is to add a HID headlight and making the horn blow (if need be). I am sure that you need to remove the factory reg/rec and replace it with the BAJA designs piece. What wires do you use from the factory wiring to attach to the 2 yellow wires on the Baja designs reg/rec? Thanks in advance!!

Baja designs has a reg/rec part number 12-203. They say that you dont have to do the floating ground mod to use this part. https://www.bajadesigns.com/NET/P-122003/Regulator%2frectifier%2c+(dc)+(unwired)

Not exactly true. You don't have to float the ground as long as you keep the case isolated from the frame and you do not connect any of the DC "-" leads to the frame ground. It's not difficult to do. Just mount the regulator inside the airbox and connect all the "-" leads back to the battery and regulator. PM me an email address and I'll send you a schematic.

hold on a sec. i have a '00 WR400 so does it runs on just AC? cos i tried to get the mech to do e wiring and stuffs and all he did is to put a newly charged battery(works fine only for a week or so). and after that, the batt don't work.

and what does a regulator/rectifier does for a wr400? does it basically turn it from an AC to DC? so all i need is to fix this reg/rec into my bike and my bike is fixed?

btw, where do u store the batt? i keep mine in the air box and i'm not sure if that's a right place for it to be. and any good recommendation for a battery that suits well with a wr400.

i'm totally lost on this. sigh... sorry for hijacking your thread bro!