Decided on a 09 YZ450F at a steal of a price.

Wasnt in the market for another 450 for the woods and track but could not help myself. Just pulled the trigger on a hardly used YZ450f for $3000! Had a mech look into the bike and everything is spot on. Other than slight rubbing on the casing everything is spotless. Looking foward to getting some insight from yall.

• 9 months later...
Where do you find these deals? I just sold a 2006 YZ450F for 3k and it left the same day for asking price. It must be something about oregon but most the bikes here that sell for 1300 are worth 1300.

Yeah I just bought a 2007 for $2500 2 weeks ago and had to drive 3 hours to get it. Cheapest I was finding 2007's were in the $3200 and up around my area. Regardless I still think I get a hell of deal, my friend/mechanic checked it out too and it is in tip top shape plus the add ons like GPR damper, IMS tank, GYTR FWW, and extra rear wheel with studded tire. Either way I'm happy with it and I hope you guys like your new rides.?

Where do you find these deals? I just sold a 2006 YZ450F for 3k and it left the same day for asking price. It must be something about oregon but most the bikes here that sell for 1300 are worth 1300.

Well I thought I might be buying a lemon as well. But turns out that the owners youngest daughter had racked up emergency room bills, so therefore he went from an original price of 2.2k to 1,300 simply because he lived in a small town where there were no real buyers and cash is king.

Turns out the bike is in tip top shape, per several bike mechanics! Runs flawlessly. A new oil change, clean air filter and it was ready to go. Pricing really depends if there is a large demand in your area, and here there isn't.

Even if I had bought a bike in need of some repairing such as a top end I figured I would still come out ahead by a bit, compared to the 3k you sold your '06 for. This is just a weekend warrior for me so no need for pristine condition due to racing, but it just so happens that a great bike is what I got anyways.