HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roofer dude

Elevation ?

4 posts in this topic

Properly jetted, I can go from 2800 ft upwards of 6000 (give or take) with minor adjustments to the fuel screw.

Would 600' lower elevation change jetting in 2003 YZ450? If so what would changes be ? :smirk:

It could. Jet for the altitude, temperature, humidity, etc. The air is denser at a lower altitude so opening the fuel screw a bit may fix it, or if other conditions changed you might need to rejet. I normally go from 1400' to sea level with no significant issue, but each bike is different and you might be lean already.

If 600 feet makes any difference, it's because your current jetting is wrong. I run the same jetting from 100 feet below sea level to just under 4000 feet, changing the main twice a year to adjust for the seasonal temperature changes. They just aren't that sensitive to it.