HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Machster

Project street legal WR450

6 posts in this topic

Pick up the new issue of dirt Bike magazine July 03 issue. Has a couple of great articles, one being a convert to street legal article. Also...how to make your 450 into a 470!! Niiiice..all we need..more power! :D:)

Pick up the new issue of dirt Bike magazine July 03 issue. Has a couple of great articles, one being a convert to street legal article....

Been there, done it! :) I have a 2001 WR 426 and its street legal, well, maybe not "equipment wise" but it has a road plate and the title calls it a general cycle. I live in Washington and this is a tough deal to do here. I bought it out of state, from a member of this board in Oregon, wonder if he is reading this? Bob, you there? :D

"the title calls it a general cycle"

That actually means "gas cycle" and I'm in the same sitch...grandfathered in as a legal dual-sport....all they can do is write the faulty equipment tickets if they so choose. Where do ya do most of your riding toyota? Maybe hook up some time for a ride, if you're interested? Ride Capitol Forest and Naches alot. Really want to ride Walker Valley this year and try Reiter Pit also.

"the title calls it a general cycle"

That actually means "gas cycle" and I'm in the same sitch...grandfathered in as a legal dual-sport....all they can do is write the faulty equipment tickets if they so choose. Where do ya do most of your riding toyota? Maybe hook up some time for a ride, if you're interested? Ride Capitol Forest and Naches alot. Really want to ride Walker Valley this year and try Reiter Pit also.

Oh, gas, makes sense. Its not diesel. :D Hey, I live in Olympia and ride the Capital Forest all the time. Did you do the Father Day ride in Naches? I was there, picked up a small trophy. Have you ever been to Gifford Pinchot yet? I work in "Puyallup" if that will help ID my employer. :) I have a pretty large riding crowd now, but always willing to grow it some more. Hey, more help to push if the WR was to ever quit. :D Holler and we'll hook up!

How did you guys get licensed? I am just across the border in Canada and am looking to purchase a new bike and dual sport it--at least as much as required to get plates. My DRZ was stolen and I want something with more power this time and have heard great things about the WR.

When you go to register your new bike with Motor Registration just tell them it's a dual purpose dirt bike, they'll give you a plate for the road. That's all I did with my YZ426 two months ago..