Project street legal WR450

Pick up the new issue of dirt Bike magazine July 03 issue. Has a couple of great articles, one being a convert to street legal article. Also...how to make your 450 into a 470!! Niiiice..all we need..more power! :D:)

Pick up the new issue of dirt Bike magazine July 03 issue. Has a couple of great articles, one being a convert to street legal article....

Been there, done it! :) I have a 2001 WR 426 and its street legal, well, maybe not "equipment wise" but it has a road plate and the title calls it a general cycle. I live in Washington and this is a tough deal to do here. I bought it out of state, from a member of this board in Oregon, wonder if he is reading this? Bob, you there? :D

"the title calls it a general cycle"

That actually means "gas cycle" and I'm in the same sitch...grandfathered in as a legal dual-sport....all they can do is write the faulty equipment tickets if they so choose. Where do ya do most of your riding toyota? Maybe hook up some time for a ride, if you're interested? Ride Capitol Forest and Naches alot. Really want to ride Walker Valley this year and try Reiter Pit also.

"the title calls it a general cycle"

That actually means "gas cycle" and I'm in the same sitch...grandfathered in as a legal dual-sport....all they can do is write the faulty equipment tickets if they so choose. Where do ya do most of your riding toyota? Maybe hook up some time for a ride, if you're interested? Ride Capitol Forest and Naches alot. Really want to ride Walker Valley this year and try Reiter Pit also.

Oh, gas, makes sense. Its not diesel. :D Hey, I live in Olympia and ride the Capital Forest all the time. Did you do the Father Day ride in Naches? I was there, picked up a small trophy. Have you ever been to Gifford Pinchot yet? I work in "Puyallup" if that will help ID my employer. :) I have a pretty large riding crowd now, but always willing to grow it some more. Hey, more help to push if the WR was to ever quit. :D Holler and we'll hook up!

How did you guys get licensed? I am just across the border in Canada and am looking to purchase a new bike and dual sport it--at least as much as required to get plates. My DRZ was stolen and I want something with more power this time and have heard great things about the WR.

When you go to register your new bike with Motor Registration just tell them it's a dual purpose dirt bike, they'll give you a plate for the road. That's all I did with my YZ426 two months ago..