Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmmyers1

07 YZ450F Cam Chain Install

4 posts in this topic

I may be steeping out of my rights by posting this but I have been looking around and I can not find the information I need.

I need to replace the Cam chain in my 07 YZ450f and I was wondering what the easiest way to do so would be. I have done it once before and it was a pain in the rear, I was wondering if some of you guys had some pointers or tips in making it easy to install.

Any help would be amazing and very much appreciated. If there is a threat already started about this, please let me know.

Thanks.

I may be steeping out of my rights by posting this but I have been looking around and I can not find the information I need.

I need to replace the Cam chain in my 07 YZ450f and I was wondering what the easiest way to do so would be. I have done it once before and it was a pain in the rear, I was wondering if some of you guys had some pointers or tips in making it easy to install.

Any help would be amazing and very much appreciated. If there is a threat already started about this, please let me know.

Thanks.

You have to remove the side cover and flywheel. Cam chain tensioner. Cam cover. Cam towers. Then you should be able to slide the chain out of the top. Read the manual on how to install it back theres really no easy way to do it. Its not hard just kind of time consuming. Take your time and follow the manual step by step.