Changing dirt bike tank color

I know you can't paint gas tanks because they bubble within a week (Just painted my tt600 black and have already had a bubble invasion). So What other ways are there?

What about having a upholstery shop make a cover for the tank? Like some fabric/vinyl formed to match the shape of the tank that you just leave on forever?

Hmmm clark sells a new tank in the color black for $200. That's too much for me though, I'd rather spend $50...

That actually works pretty well, the only thing is dont put tank graphics on it because it will tend to make it kinda funky coloring in the graphics for some reason.

Hmmm I think I will try that.

Looks like a lot of bad results in that thread though. The only "perfect" result was the original poster and he never posted any pictures then sold the bike.

Worth a shot though. I read all 30 or so pages and it sounds like people were catching on to constant heat not heat for 1 hour.

I'll get a metal container (either fab one up or get something from a store) and set it on the BBQ for a good 5 hours of constant insane heat.

First i need to pull the tank and sand all the krylon bubbled paint off and then sand it with a high grit to make it smooth... and apparently hair dryers work for fine scratches.

If this fails i will plaster it with fiberglass resin and paint that. One way or another this tank is changing colors!