HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beatcoaster

2010 YZ450F - Kickstand?

15 posts in this topic

After riding some trails this past weekend with my wife I realized I am in need of a kickstand. On many occasions I found myself scrambling to find a rock/tree/stump to prop my bike up on while I race to help her with a large root, help pickup her bike, or aid her in some fashion. I haven't been in the market for a kickstand on a straight MX bike before, and am clueless when it comes to these add ons. Is there something out there that would be a direct bolt on that you guys have used and have been happy with? Thanks!

After riding some trails this past weekend with my wife I realized I am in need of a kickstand. On many occasions I found myself scrambling to find a rock/tree/stump to prop my bike up on while I race to help her with a large root, help pickup her bike, or aid her in some fashion. I haven't been in the market for a kickstand on a straight MX bike before, and am clueless when it comes to these add ons. Is there something out there that would be a direct bolt on that you guys have used and have been happy with? Thanks!

Pro Moto billet is the ticket!! I had one on a DPed CRF 450 R and it was nice!! It also folded up behind the side number plate . It was expensive, but well worth it.:)

Thanks all. I have been in contact with them and they are just now putting the 2010 YZ units into production with a 4-5week lead time if pre-ordered. $150 is a hard pill to swallow for something as mundane as a kickstand though!! May have to lean it onto a few more trees and rocks until I find nothing better to do with $150 than burn it on a chunk of aluminum.:)

Thanks all. I have been in contact with them and they are just now putting the 2010 YZ units into production with a 4-5week lead time if pre-ordered. $150 is a hard pill to swallow for something as mundane as a kickstand though!! May have to lean it onto a few more trees and rocks until I find nothing better to do with $150 than burn it on a chunk of aluminum.:)

That's easy to say until you've had one - I bought a PMB stand for my last bike and pretty quickly swore I'd never ride without one again.

Yeah, it's pricey, but when you see the unit in person, you'll appreciate the quality right away. They are very nice units.

I ride with a 13 year old and I tend to stop to help him a bit. It's very nice to drop the stand and never worry about finding a tree to lean on or lay the bike on the ground. My buddy crashed hard this weekend in the middle of a wide open area. I sped up beside him, dropped the stand, and picked his bike up off of him. Without the stand, I would've had to throw my bike down before I could help him.......

P.S. Did you call PMB? Their website didn't list the part yet so I called - he had a few sitting at his desk and put one in the mail the day I called. Got it 3 days later and installed it in about 10 minutes.

BEWARE: the T50 torx bolts suck - very difficult to remove.

You'll grow tired of searching for something to lean your bike on, I know I have. But I'm too cheap to buy a kickstand so I continue to be a leaner :)

I know this thread is old, but searched and searched and went though most the picture threads here and didn't see any with a kickstand on it.

Does anyone have a picture of the PMB Kickstand on their 2010+ YZ450F that they would like to share? Maybe both Up and Down? I want to see what it looks like before I buy one and the pictures on their website there suck.

I will probably do some work on my 12 tomorrow night so I'll post one if I am. Expensive but nice units. Folds up almost to the number plate.

I will probably do some work on my 12 tomorrow night so I'll post one if I am. Expensive but nice units. Folds up almost to the number plate.

Cool thanks! I will really appreciate it. Hopefully going to buy one soon.

I put the Trailtech kickstand on my 2011. Not as pretty as the PMB, but for just over $100 it get's the job done just the same.

Sweet thanks for the pics. Doesn't look like it goes quite up under the number plate like thy state but it still looks decent. Looks like I will have to get one.

How is the lean angle when it's on the stand? I only ask because my bike might get supermoto 17s and it might shrink in height some and cause the bike to be more upright than normal when on the stand.