Dealer confidence

Yesterday I took one of my fork legs into my local dealer to get a fork seal replaced and was asked what it was off of? I said "WR450" Then this brain surgeon asks "What year"?.. DUH!!!!!!! This moron works at a Yamaha shop as a tech. I almost took it elsewhere, but I was limited to time so I left it there. It didn't make me feel real confident about the ability of my dealer

Jim

That's better than the reply at my local Yamaha/Suzuki shop here in Fort Collins.

I've been asked who makes a WR426? Is it an ATV or a Motorcycle? I've also been asked what displacement my Vmax is when I specifically told them Vmax, VMX12 motorcycle. I'm sure they thought it was a snowmobile. They don't even know that the 12 designates 1200cc. They gave me a PCV valve for it the last time I tried to buy a fuel filter.

I'd go somewhere else. It's not your job to educate the idiots at these shops. :D?

If I absolutely have to buy a part there, I take my shop manual with me and point to the screen instead of relying on their employees. At least when I point, they can find the part in the back. Now the problem is they don't stock anything.