HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rasta

how to make a 07 450 handle better

11 posts in this topic

hi, my 07 is set up for woods racing but it pushes front end in every corner, i cant afford expensive suspension and dont launch off of jumps anymore, the biggest i go now days is 50-60 footers, is there and mods that people do to help corner better?, and handle in single track,thanks

my 07 450 was handling pretty good until lately. I have no idea why. i havent changed anything really. front end is doing what it wants. i have yet to check the sag and my clickers. have you dialed anything in with some test riding? how much you weigh?

i weigh around 230. set the sag and played with the clickers but still feels like it wants to push in turns, i loose the front end here and there when i through it down when turning

Either change the offset of the clamps... cheapest way is to move up a little further or put your leg higher... i do/did all 3 and it helps out alot

hi, my 07 is set up for woods racing but it pushes front end in every corner, i cant afford expensive suspension and dont launch off of jumps anymore, the biggest i go now days is 50-60 footers, is there and mods that people do to help corner better?, and handle in single track,thanks

Do what I did and get a Scott's steering stabilizer , crank up the dampening, then slide your forks up into the tripple clamps for some more cornering bite. Trust me you will be amazed at how well those Scotts unit's work ! I have 2 of em' and initially didn't think I needed one on my YZ450 (I've had one for severall years on my KX500). Do some searching under "Scotts" and you will read a lot of positive feedback.

Try running your axle near the back of the chain adjustment slots. This will move the weight bias towards the front wheel giving you some more bite. I know it sounds counter intuitive but it helps. Those Yamaha 's definitely have issues on the entrance to turns. Hope that helps!

One of the easiest and least expensive things you can do to help it corner better beside or along with sliding your forks up in the clamps is to contact Dave Johnson of SMART Performance Inc. and ask him how to verify wether or not your forks were fitted with bleed stacks from the factory. And if so how to remove them.

One of the easiest and least expensive things you can do to help it corner better beside or along with sliding your forks up in the clamps is to contact Dave Johnson of SMART Performance Inc. and ask him how to verify wether or not your forks were fitted with bleed stacks from the factory. And if so how to remove them.

x2 :)

i weigh around 230. set the sag and played with the clickers but still feels like it wants to push in turns, i loose the front end here and there when i through it down when turning

You need stiffer springs. At 230 you are way past the capability of the stock springs and the bike is probably wallowing in corners with the back end settling too low and turning the bike into a chopper. Also, with the proper springs for your weight you will notice that your suspension is much more plush on the small choppy stuff.

The other advice is sound, nevertheless it is all just a bandaid for the real problem.

lean all the way forward and wide open. goon her out. haha just kiddin. but yes new springs and revalve is the best thing you can ever do to a bike