2003 wr450f engine noinse.

now i have read alot about these engines making alot of noise especially when you have a skid plate attached. i dont have a skid plate, and the engine noise is only at lower rpms. when you get on the throttle the noise seems to go away. it also seems to have a little sputter at lower rpms also going away and smoothing right out when you give it a little gas. it runs beautiful at midrange and higher rpms. now i just bought this bike saturday knowing that it needed some work and i am very new to the dirt bike world so any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

thanks~

A loud knock from the bottom end is very bad. Mostly noticed at idle.

A ticking sound could indicate a loose valve clearance.

There tends to be a lot of noise from the clutch with these bikes. It is usually nothing to be worried about. Good luck with the bike.

thanks, i took it for anotjer ride tonight to see if i couls figure out what was going on. and the noise that i was hearing is more of a shutter at low speed/rpm's in second gear and up. other than that it rhode sweet

thanks, i took it for anotjer ride tonight to see if i couls figure out what was going on. and the noise that i was hearing is more of a shutter at low speed/rpm's in second gear and up. other than that it rhode sweet

Ift's while lugging it while riding it is most likely drive chain slap.

yah thats what i figured but i know the chain is not loose, i just tightened it with a buddy of mine that is much more knowledgable than i am. oh well as long as its not going to hurt anything than i dont really care to much.

yah thats what i figured but i know the chain is not loose, i just tightened it with a buddy of mine that is much more knowledgable than i am. oh well as long as its not going to hurt anything than i dont really care to much.

Even when properly adjusted this bike will have some chain slap.

ok thats good to know. cause as picky as i am i would be messing with it for ever trying to fix and unfixable noise.