03 YZ450F Triple Clamp

I have an 03 yz and was wondering if anyone has seen the newer 05 clamps and forks on a 03. Thank You.

They fit, if that's what you're curious about.

Is that a for sure? Also how are the 05 dual chamber forks? Anything needed to get the tweaks out? THanks

Yes, it's for sure. The '05 AOSS fork is basically the same fork as the '06+ SSS fork, but there are a couple of things that need to be changed. The inner cartridge springs (ICS) are too short, creating unloaded free travel in the free piston. Simple shimming or replacing the springs with a kit from SMART Performance will fix that. The free pistons themselves are designed in such a way as to make the cartridges difficult to effectively bleed, but it's not impossible, and again, the parts from a later fork can be used.

As is, they are a far better fork than the '03 had, or than the '04 had, for that matter. They aren't as good in stock form as the '06, but they can be made identical fairly inexpensively. If you can get them cheap, buy them.

Well then i guess i can just get 48mm clamps from the 05 and put 48mm forks from the 06 then right or will any 48mm fork work?

If you use '06 forks in the '05 clamps, the wheel will be off center and the brake may need to be reworked. The clamps on the '06 and up are 2mm wider spaced than the earlier models, the spacing corrected at the axle lug.

If you want '06 or later forks, just use those, complete with the clamps. They also fit.

So even a 06 triple clamp will fit on a 03, is that correct?

Yes, that's what I said.