03 YZ 450. Is my timing off?

Timing looks ok. if your getting late spark check your flywheel key, you have to remove the flywheel and there should be a crescent shaped key between it and the crank at tdc, or the cdi.

I just spent about 2k chasing problems with my 06yz450 and it turned out to be the cdi.

Still cant get it started. Fresh plug getting spark, fresh gas. It does however let out a HUGE backfire when I am kicking it over. Figured it was flooded, so removed tank, plug and header, kicked over maybe 30 times, nothing really came out, reassembled and no start and backfire still persists.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for all the help guys. Finally got it going. Rechecked the valves, a little on the tight side, reshimmed and my buddy kicked the hell out of it and it finally fired up. He did give it a little crack of the throttle to finally get it fired. Took for a short ride, let it cool down and started right up again.

One question I have is before I replaced the jets, 3rd and 4th gear would intermittently cut out at anything above qtr throttle and backfire on decel was common.

Now, 1-3 gear is clean and no backfire on decel, but 4th gear completely cuts out every 3 or so seconds. All my jets are stock sizes and my fuel screw is out 2 and a qtr. Any thoughts?