HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
teamtoxic

Filter Cage Screen

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the purpose of the screen on the air filter cage? My 426 is the first bike I've ever had/seen with one on it.

------------------

I'm 15 and ride a '00 YZ426F. Its a little cold here in MI so for now, I have to let my '96 Yamaha XT 600 give me the thrills I need.

Yeah and you know the suction these Babies create! If you take out the screen it would probably suck your filter right into your carb!

Or maybe even worse..........

It might create a black Hole with so much VACUUM.......LOLOLOL

------------------

ride BLUE

SUnruh is correct. The screen is there to prevent the air filter from catching on fire it the bike happens to hiccup, cough or backfire. Don't remove it! It won't run any better without it.

Thanx a lot. I figured it was there so it didn't suck the filter into the carb/boot but I never thought about it being there for back-fire protection. :)

------------------

YZ 426's suck!(all the air they can get)