HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slinkyman16

No clutch pull after installing new clutch.

9 posts in this topic

Installed a new clutch in my 07. Dpk if that helps.. Went to ride te bike and their is no clutch pull at all. cable is extended as far as it will go (new cable as well.. Any ideas?

What about the ball bearing that goes into the clutch shaft rod that pushes on the pressure plate? It is very easy for it to fall out while changing the clutch and not realizing it. Another thing could be that the new clutch pak is slightly thicker than stock, this will make the throw of the clutch too far and will not engage the clutch

well heres a thing.. only parts i removed were the plates and pressure plate.. nothing else came apart. the shaft should still be intact.. whats throwing me is that there is alot of play in the actuator arm.. im going to put my stock clutch back in to see if thats doing something but im like lost on ideas..

There is an increased number of plates in your new clutch, or the plates are thicker, or both.

Better off with OEM and/or a conversion to an '06 clutch.

make sure that the thickness of the clutch plates (the metal ones, not the fiber ones.)are the same from stock. Use a micrometer, they will look the same but a difference in .005 will make a big difference. I just had the same problem and I had the wrong plates, they were .007mm thicker each. It made my clutch almost almost unadjustable. Once I went back to the stock thickness, all was good.

update..

fixed the clutch problem.. the new motion pro cable i bought was to long, as well as the clutch i bought was to thick for the basket.. both are going back.. going to save for a slipper.

thanks for ponting me in a direction that fixed the issues..

make sure that the thickness of the clutch plates (the metal ones, not the fiber ones.)are the same from stock. Use a micrometer, they will look the same but a difference in .005 will make a big difference. I just had the same problem and I had the wrong plates, they were .007mm thicker each. It made my clutch almost almost unadjustable. Once I went back to the stock thickness, all was good.

pretty much nailed it on the head.. the cause was two fold, increased number of plates as well as the steals were thicker.

How does this crap happen ?

Did u order on your own or something ? But still any parts store shouldnt be selling you un-useable Bull$hit.