HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrberg

need to make 3 wr's street legal.. looking for

5 posts in this topic

ideas on how to do this on a budget.

cant afford a Baja kit for 3 so we are thinking of making our own kit.

what we need"...and suggested vendors would be nice.

12 led signals rubber mount , preferably orange lenses

Key / kill switch.

3 horns

bake light actuators

we will make our own wiring harness

any suggestions appreciated...

When I did my '03 WR i did the same thing. Proved to be very reliable. Not sure what the requirements are in Utah but if you can go with the headlight stock (i.e. - runs off the ac circuit only when the engine is running) it's pretty simple. If you have to you can mod the stator to provide full dc to the entire bike including the headlight. Once mod'd though there is one thing you should be aware of. If you lose the dc power for whatever reason the bike will not run. The WR is unique in that regard. Other than that any of the standard vendors (Baja Designs, ebay, etc) will have the parts you need. PM me with an email address if you need a schematic.

Rocky MTN cycles has street legal kits for $159 for the wr. you really can't beat that price. I'm not a big fan of there tusk products but this kit is well thought out with quality parts.

Rocky MTN cycles has street legal kits for $159 for the wr. you really can't beat that price. I'm not a big fan of there tusk products but this kit is well thought out with quality parts.

And you can't beat their fast shipping. I'm on the eastern coast of Canada, ordered parts from them Thursday night and received them Monday morning :thumbsup::thumbsup: