YZ 250 Titanium spring

Hey guys,

New to YZ's I have been the proud owner of a 2004 YZ 250 for 3 weeks now!:thumbsup: Anyways I'm in the process of getting new heavier springs for it and was wondering what kind of cash I could get out of the titanium rear spring? To me its not worth much because it ain't stiff enough but didn't know what would be a fair asking price for it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cody

Have you ordered springs already?? Make a few calls to suspension outfits, maybe someone will work a trade with you??? Thats how I got my shock spring :thumbsup:

I sold my Ti spring on E-bay for 50.00 it was like new

You sure you have a TI Spring? I didn't think they started using those until 2006.

Yeah it aint Ti if its an 04 haha

Hey guys,

New to YZ's I have been the proud owner of a 2004 YZ 250 for 3 weeks now!:thumbsup: Anyways I'm in the process of getting new heavier springs for it and was wondering what kind of cash I could get out of the titanium rear spring? To me its not worth much because it ain't stiff enough but didn't know what would be a fair asking price for it. Thanks in advance for any help!

Cody

Cody, I think the 04 spring was a 4.9, steel spring. I have a new 5.0 steel if you need something else.

I think you can check with a magnet.

It isnt worth much because it isnt titanium.

My bad fellas, the rear shock has been replaced with a 2007 rear the SSS I believe its called. I did check with a magnet just to be sure its a ti spring.

Cody, I think the 04 spring was a 4.9, steel spring. I have a new 5.0 steel if you need something else.

Thanks man, but I weigh 265 without gear so I need about a 5.5 to get the right ride.

Have you ordered springs already?? Make a few calls to suspension outfits, maybe someone will work a trade with you??? Thats how I got my shock spring :thumbsup:

I thought about that but didn't figure any suspension guys would be looking to trade but I'll check into that.

Sent a PM