Beta cross reference?

8 minutes ago, Beta64 said:

That's the plan burn know many other parts are 100% compatible

Maybe.. but even though some post up cross reference.. I don't trust everything that guys put up..I check it if I can..I appreciate the information though..  the honda rear sprocket for Beta is a perfect example.. it goes on but it's half assed to me. it doesn't fit correctly... the bolts do not line up correctly...and I didn't check but I wouldn't right off the bat use a ktm head or piston... or gaskets.. It's not like I can't get Beta parts or that they are especially expensive.. They aren't really..and I can get Beta parts super fast when I've ordered so far...but if others want to try and use what they want it's up to them. I'll just use Beta parts for the motor though.. shifters being honda etc.. not that big a deal...but to each their own.

• Like 1

Maybe.. but even though some post up cross reference.. I don't trust everything that guys put up..I check it if I can..I appreciate the information though..  the honda rear sprocket for Beta is a perfect example.. it goes on but it's half assed to me. it doesn't fit correctly... the bolts do not line up correctly...and I didn't check but I wouldn't right off the bat use a ktm head or piston... or gaskets.. It's not like I can't get Beta parts or that they are especially expensive.. They aren't really..and I can get Beta parts super fast when I've ordered so far...but if others want to try and use what they want it's up to them. I'll just use Beta parts for the motor though.. shifters being honda etc.. not that big a deal...but to each their own.

Where do you get your Beta parts super fast, local dealer or online?

Just now, otpipe said:

Where do you get your Beta parts super fast, local dealer or online?

both.. I've gotten stuff from sierra pretty fast.. more consistently my dealer from Beta. My dealer does let me know though about shipping costs.. Hawaii is more expensive so if I can wait when he has a big order I put it in that order to save a little in shipping..but I've gotten things in a couple days lots of times. Beta has had everything I need so far .

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hawaiidirtrider said:

For street? Dirt? Dont want aftermarket?..but just made for Beta?

yeah! anything

probably gonna do some excels with dual sport tires like tractionator h/t's for the street, and get some goldentyres for the stock wheels for dirt tripping and racing. hadnt even thought about street bike wheels, but that would be cool to put some ninja or whatever wheels on it.

I could always go custom but the plans are for more dirtbikes like a my ladies new 125, my boys gonna be on a bigger bike soon and I think I want a 2 stroke. So, being universal would be sweet.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, surfer-dude said:

yeah! anything

probably gonna do some excels with dual sport tires like tractionator h/t's for the street, and get some goldentyres for the stock wheels for dirt tripping and racing. hadnt even thought about street bike wheels, but that would be cool to put some ninja or whatever wheels on it.

I could always go custom but the plans are for more dirtbikes like a my ladies new 125, my boys gonna be on a bigger bike soon and I think I want a 2 stroke. So, being universal would be sweet.

Yea I was just talking to my dealer yesterday about wheels...New is good but nothing is cheap no matter brand after figuring out how to adapt its usually better to just buy a set of wheels made for Beta.. What seems common is to buy stock Beta wheels from guys upgrading their wheel sets and swapping for different tread design tires. I was slow and missed some used super moto wheels for my 525 rs in the past..I took my time and it was gone.

• Like 1

I adapted a set of excel wheels made for a KTM.  Just made new spacers and got a rear brake rotor for a 690 which is the same diameter as a Beta.  Front rotor is the same except for the magnet which I just drilled a new hole for.   The spacers took less than an hour to make all 4.

• Like 2

hey guys, are older beta wheels usuable on my bike? I know that like next month my bike will be older too, so I'm basically just wondering if all beta wheels will work like say if I get a 300rrr. are those adaptable or maybe from like a 2012 450 or somethiong???

hey what did you use to make those spacers? just some tubing or did you start off with something trick first?

Thanks for being so cool with my question!

On 4/7/2017 at 10:54 AM, surfer-dude said:

hey guys, are older beta wheels usuable on my bike? I know that like next month my bike will be older too, so I'm basically just wondering if all beta wheels will work like say if I get a 300rrr. are those adaptable or maybe from like a 2012 450 or somethiong???

hey what did you use to make those spacers? just some tubing or did you start off with something trick first?

Thanks for being so cool with my question!

I forget what year is a newer generation of Beta wheels.. 2012? later..2010 on? but my 2009  and earlier are different.. The earlier Beta like minimum 2009 and earlier are the same for gasgas, husky ..the earlier year models at least.. It's probably in this thread but way far back.. I know some early husky, gasgas and Beta could use same rear sprockets and brake discs.. If I'm not mistaken the older rear discs have 4 bolts..and the newer have 6?..anyway it's in here.. The wheels for newer Beta have been the same for a few years now though...Someone from before will remember.. I'm having a brain fart on it now..

Edited by hawaiidirtrider

• 4 weeks later...
On 09/05/2017 at 6:09 PM, livefivetwofive said:

Ok whats the go with the brake rotor crossover? The Front KTM fits or the Rear KTM fits?

I've searched but can not find.

Cheers

OK so for future reference. Beta part, front disc / rotor does indeed crossover, interchange with KTM front rotor. Perfect fit except the speedo pickup magnet is in the wrong spot. (Thats ok my speedo is broken anyway)

Also,

Fork oil seal from KTM (or aftermarket in my case, ProX) can be used in Sachs 2015 300RR. Safe bet the dust seal is also interchangable. I assume the same for all Beta 48mm forks. but havnt tested.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...