HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gbalias

My 08 at the track.... ;)

2 posts in this topic

not the mx track, but........

So.....in the conversion to SM a few things i did after selling my 426.

I used the 426 front Master Cyl and caliper. I used the 2008 front caliper carrier bolted to an 08 relo bracket. the 426 caliper is MUCH more beefier and larger pistons. as well as larger pad surface area, EBC 320 rotor

2006 full exhaust , JD jetting , EZ clutch lever , RaceTech susp., 426 hubs on DRZsm excel hoops (laced myself), i had to make my own RH spacer for the front wheel. the stock 08 RH spacer works for the LH on the 426 hub. strange, i know. ( i used a WR426 spacer/speedo after i did surgery to remove the steel collar/sleeve for the speedo housing, then machined it down to the proper needed length) had to make a brake line holding bracket, geared to 15/44, sticky rubber, and a track day and i think, gentlemen, we have an equation for fun!

the video comes in a few days after i produce it....

couple pics:

900039101_BZg9B-XL.jpg

900039085_vYepM-O.jpg

:lol::ride::lol:

although i think after todays session, i may have fried the clutch. time for an upgrade. :thumbsup:

Edited by gbalias