Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yz450scott

jetting problem

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to fix a problem with my jetting I think. My bike runs great, starts find, but is running rich from what the plug looks like. It hesitates a lot from no throttle to 1/4 throttle. After that, all is good. I have dropped the needle on clip and leaned out the pilot let 2x. Which it is now a 38 pilot, 160 main, white brothers e-series pipe with stock head pipe..I am now thinking of leaning out the leak jet...Its a coincidence that I just removed my flywheel weight and rekluse clutch and my muffler broke and now I have jetting problems..I Had the muffler welded and repaired, but when reinstalling it. The exhaust gasket from the pipe to the headpipe fell apart. I put it together the best I could and probably going to buy a new one. Does anyone know if that exhaust gasket could make my bike run rich? Am I doing the right thing? ANyone please help, I am frustrated and have been tweaking my carb for the past 3 weeks...

exhaust leaks will really screw with your jetting!

Man, you are lean!!! That thing would be spitting flames when you change the gasket!

foot long blue flames! been there, done that :thumbsup:

seriously, new gasket and standard jetting, and it should be sweet.