HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
climaxx dirtbikes

Pilot Jet (how tight?)

8 posts in this topic

Brand New 07' wr450 Should I be able to get the pilot jet out just by hand strength on a small flat head screwdriver. I am changing my jets w/out removing the carb and its the hardest one to get at. I thought it would loosen by hand and I dont want to booger up the jet. Thanks ahead.

Edited by climaxx dirtbikes
forgot info

Don't use a screw driver, use a nut driver so you don't damage it. I think it's 6mm.

Gotcha. By the way I broke a little piece of the black well that surrounds the jet. That wont effect anything will it?

If you mean the plastic baffle that encircles the main jet, it shouldn't hurt anything as long as it really is a little piece. If you broke half of it off, you might want to buy one.

Finally finished jetting my bike. Runs AWESOME!! 168MJ, 48PJ, All free mods, FMF Powercore 4, yz throttle stop. (its unreal how much more power their is with the right throttle stop)

Thanks a bunch TTer's