HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kevinlee70

Need help with fork and shock spring rates YZ426F

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I have a 2002 YZ426F and I know the stock spring rates for the forks and shock are .46KG/MM and 5.4KG/MM respectively.

I weigh 215-220 pounds without riding gear and need to get some stiffer springs front and back.

Right now on the rear, i have to crank the pre-load a lot to get my correct race sag. The problem is that i then have zero static sag, the shock is topped right out.

Does anyone know what spring rates i need to get to work with my weight? (Is going to a .48KG/MM in the front and 5.6KG/MM in the rear enough of an increase?)

Thanks

Kevin

I am 275 without equipment(yes I know, just like a tiny dancer) and I just went to a 6kg spring from race tech on the back, and I love it. My bike actually steers now, I take almost all the compression out of it for the woods and it seems to be just great. Now, if I could just stop stalling the old beast.......Hope this helps...

PS. Just to show how ludicrous our prices are up here in Canuckland, the yami dealer wanted 280 bucks for a 5.6 kg spring...My racetech cost 120....Geez...

JR

1 person likes this

I just ordered new springs front & back from DSP today, $170 US shipped. Anyway I'm 215 without gear and they suggested a .50 fork spring(s) and a 5.9 kg rear spring.

Race Tech 's calculator was the same on the fork springs, but way off according the the tech I spoke with at DSP as RT suggested a 5.6 kg spring.

:thumbsup: - my 4 year old wanted to paste that one.