HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JMo

2009 WR450 and YZ450 seat - interchangeable?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys -

The title says it all really! - does anyone know if a 2009 model YZF450 seat will fit on a WR450F and vice versa?

I presume the 250 seat is also the same [as the 450], and if so, that they are interchangeable too?

The reason I ask is a need a new seat base to recover, and have only seen YZF ones available...

Many thanks,

J xx

I've read here on TT that the yzf seat needs to be cut underneath to clear the wr's battery but besides that it'll fit. I haven't tried it myself so I can't be certain.

Ah yes, or course - the battery...

Thanks for the heads-up Dan...

If anyone has any more info, pictures, please let me know... you see I have a pretty much brand new WR seat and I really don't want to rip it apart and reshape/recover it if I can find a suitable alternative...

J xx

They are not interchangable. The WR seat has a couple of tabs on the bottom that slide into slots on the frame. The YZ seat does not. It has one tab that slides into the middle slot of a YZ.

Didn't explain it very well, sorry.

Don't worry, that is a perfect explanation - and has saved me a [relatively] expensive mistake...

Thanks guys!

J xx