WR450F spark plug removal

I have a 2007 alli framed WR450F. I have just fixed a leaky water pump seal and whilst I was in maintainence mode wanted to put a new spark plug in... I can't get the bloody cap off! I feel like I am going to snap the cap and lead off as it is so tight. Is there a special tool or knack to this??

Thanks for any advice!

No tool, just very carefully

If you brake it it will hurt you in the pocket

You just have to keep trying, when you put it back in i put a little grease on the sides, helps for next tim

+1 on the grease! Wow! Is this the first time you're taking it off?

IF you have an air supply put a rubber tipped blow gun in the side hole of the cylinder and blow the cap off by "" carefully "" blowing some air into the hole. Due to this hole being used as a drain it's a good idea to also blow some air through there after you just crack the plug loose, so any dirt or crud you have loosened, doesn't fall into the cylinder when you pull the plug. Enjoy and don't lose the spark plug tool. WR Dave

IF you have an air supply put a rubber tipped blow gun in the side hole of the cylinder and blow the cap off by "" carefully "" blowing some air into the hole. Due to this hole being used as a drain it's a good idea to also blow some air through there after you just crack the plug loose, so any dirt or crud you have loosened, doesn't fall into the cylinder when you pull the plug. Enjoy and don't lose the spark plug tool. WR Dave

great idea... never thought of that before

Thanks guys, got it out with some serious wiggling and then put it back with some grease.

Thanks guys, got it out with some serious wiggling and then put it back with some grease.

I hope that grease was DIELECTRIC type and not just some wheel bearing or lithium grease..... many greases are conductive and may cause the electrical charge to ground out and not fire the plug...... Dielectric grease is non conductive and strongly sugested over any standard grease.

I hope that grease was DIELECTRIC type and not just some wheel bearing or lithium grease..... many greases are conductive and may cause the electrical charge to ground out and not fire the plug...... Dielectric grease is non conductive and strongly sugested over any standard grease.

Mmmmmm are you sure about that? Provided he doesn't slop the grease all over the plug it shouldn't make a difference. The threads of the plug are the earth contact point so having a conductive grease shouldn't matter here won't make a difference.

Happy to be proved wrong however:thumbsup: