HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j-lanne1

cylinder works big bore

5 posts in this topic

alright i just put a cylinder works +3mm big bore kit in my 06 yz450, got it all together bike starts and idles, but is really boggy when riding it and doesnt have hardly any power, i tried going up to a 168 main but that did help at all, any ideas would be helpful..

Start by verifying that you have the flywheel key in place correctly. Use a probe down the plug hole to see if real TDC lines up with the mark. Then double check your cam timing.

take the rag out of the air box... :thumbsup:

Seriously, do as gray suggests. This is not going to be a huge jetting issue, if the bike ran well with the jetting in it and you did a big bore, it is going to be very close to start with on the big bore and will almost never make as much difference as you noted. You will have to fine tune, but you are not going to need to make drastic changes to bring it back in line....

take the rag out of the air box... :thumbsup:

That isn't as far out of the question as you might like to think.

That isn't as far out of the question as you might like to think.

I like to think of sarcasm being a funny way of being serious. I have seen it before and that is the reason I said it comically. :thumbsup: