HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mooress

Virginia
Question(Taskers gap)

3 posts in this topic

Im in Richmond and Im thinking of heading up to checkout taskers gap for the day this upcomming sunday .But just how sport atv friendly is this area and would it be worth the 3 hour drive to spend a day there? i have never been and any information would be Great

Thanks in advance

Donnie

I have been up there, live outside of Charlottesville, I found it too rocky but since think I missed most of the better ridding trails. I own a 400ex so rocks don't mix well for me. Share any experiences or any other places around to ride - I'd be happy to do the same.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By PB318
      My job may be transfering me to the Staunton, VA area. Does anyone know of any motocross tracks in or around the Staunton area? I am a vet B/C rider and ride an RM250 and a yz450. I typically ride once during the week and at least once on the weekend. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    • By trueweb
      Can anyone tell me anything more about this law:
      http://americanwhitewater.org/resources/repository/Virginia_Recreational_Use_Statute.htm
      It basically looks to me that if someone lets you use their land for recreation activities, such as riding, for free they are protected from liability by state law.
      It looks pretty clear here, but I wonder if any cases have held up. I've heard that a similar law in WV has held up pretty well.
      I'm thinking if I could provide people I know with a simple waiver that states any riding on "unmarked" trails is at the riders own risk for "dangerous conditions". If they don't mark any trails then they are not liable, or so it would seem.
      Thoughts, experiences? It seems to me this could be a really cool law that will help me find more riding areas if it will hold up!
    • By nd54
      I am heading down to Norfolk this weekend to visit the in laws and am bringing my bike. Was looking to hit Slades and Morgans Corner mx. How are the conditions(snow,mud,etc)
    • By Gotlabs
      Are there any VA folks that ride strictly dirt? I know there are a lot of DS folks, but don't see much otherwise.
    • By COAL RUN
      Patterson Mountain was a pretty nice place to ride not very rocky & always a good time. I did not know they were trying to shut it down, sad news. here is a link
      http://www.whsv.com/home/headlines/82606322.html