HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MKP

2010 WR450F to replace a '07 CRF450X

5 posts in this topic

Hi, need some help to decide what to do.

I have the chance to sell at a good price my '07 CRF450X (good bike so far) and buy a new bike.

I had for two years a ´05 WR (nice experience) and now the new model looks very good.

Please tell me if the good look of the new WR also mean a good bike for open desert enduro (Atacama Desert, like Nevada desert).

I'm willing to go back to the blue WR.

By the way, I also have a '09 XT660Z Teneré for long trips.

Thanks for the advice.

Marco

Actually there is not a 2010 WR450f. Yamaha didn't make a new model this year. The 09 is the latest. I just bought one! :thumbsup: I love it, sadly I'm not a racer so I can't help you there.

Always glad to see another WR on the trails though. :lol:

Actually there is not a 2010 WR450f. Yamaha didn't make a new model this year. The 09 is the latest. I just bought one! :thumbsup: I love it, sadly I'm not a racer so I can't help you there.

Always glad to see another WR on the trails though. :lol:

Thanks JW.

I could see several WR450 on the last Dakar 2010, passing very near my city of Antofagasta (Chile).

They did very well.

Marco

It's a solid choice. Coming off of a XR650R, which I consider the best pure desert bike around, the WR is probably the closest thing to it in the 450 size. Two things it really has going for it are stability (I don't feel the need for a damper ) and reliability. All the 450's these days are pretty damn good bikes, but I think the WR and the CRF are a little better in the desert than they are in the tighter stuff.