WR left cover cutout hand hold?

I've cut a hole in the left side cover since it will make lifting the bike on my Moto Jackrack easier. I also think it doesn't look so good, so since I have access to molding and vacuum forming equipment, I'm in the process of making ABS handles which will fit in the space. I'd have a template to make cutting the panel and getting the part to fit pretty easy for the DIY install. It will be a push in part, and will hide the open fender/recovery hose look. Just curious if anyone else would like such a thing, if not I guess I'll have the only one. The part would go for about $14 and would look like a production piece. I'll post pics when it's done.

I'am interested, I'll scope out the pictures when you post them.

sure,very interested..

I have been wanting to do this to increase air flow. I cut holes in the back of the air box but still the majority of the air comes through the handle on the right. So I'm interested in what you come up with

The way I'm designing it will be closed on the inside. If this a concern, I am at the stage where I cut add impressions for drilling out holes behind the handle, or the whole inner cap could be cut off. I have the cupped section at 33mm deep. It actually doesn't appear that venting from this area would merit any benefits. I'll take another look at it tonight.

I took a dremel to mine to facilitate easier lifting from the right side of the bike. A formed handhold would be very nice but I would want it open to the inside of the bike, just like the right side.

I've cut a hole in the left side cover since it will make lifting the bike on my Moto Jackrack easier. I also think it doesn't look so good, so since I have access to molding and vacuum forming equipment, I'm in the process of making ABS handles which will fit in the space. I'd have a template to make cutting the panel and getting the part to fit pretty easy for the DIY install. It will be a push in part, and will hide the open fender/recovery hose look. Just curious if anyone else would like such a thing, if not I guess I'll have the only one. The part would go for about $14 and would look like a production piece. I'll post pics when it's done.

I saw a guy who had used a strip of that serpentine belt from a car, cut it for a handle and bolted each end to his rear seat bolts, it was a loop at the end of the seat, it actually looked pretty sanitary. The ribbed side of the belt was down and of course, it was durable. Great for dragging it out of a mud hole also.