HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tdub2112

Biggest Production Toy Hauler?

15 posts in this topic

Well. I've been kickin' around a bit lookin' at toy haulers just for something to do and was wondering if anyone knew what the longest production toy hauler is? It would be sweet if they made one that could fit 4 snowmobiles into it. Then in the summer we could fit all our bikes, our four wheeler and even my dad's streetbike into it if we crammed a bit. But, it'd probably be way out of our price range and would require a 3/4 ton truck, which we don't have.

A toyhauler that could fit and handle the weight of 4 modern snowmobiles would practically be a semi trailer. And you can forget about trying to haul any real toyhauler with a 1/2 ton truck.

1 ton with a diesel would be more like it...Alfa made one that was pretty big. High end model, with barn doors in the back with removable ramps or an optional ramp/door but Idon't know how big the cargo space was. How long is a snow mobile?...Double the length, I figure they're as wide a a quad then double that...I coud fit a rail into mine (12" cargo area) but can not fit 2 full size quads side by side...about a half a tire too narrow!

Well. I've been kickin' around a bit lookin' at toy haulers just for something to do and was wondering if anyone knew what the longest production toy hauler is? It would be sweet if they made one that could fit 4 snowmobiles into it. Then in the summer we could fit all our bikes, our four wheeler and even my dad's streetbike into it if we crammed a bit. But, it'd probably be way out of our price range and would require a 3/4 ton truck, which we don't have.
1 ton with a diesel would be more like it...

Not even.....for the real monster toyhaulers, you're overweight before you even add cargo on most one ton dually trucks.

One TT'er (Old-Man) has a big toyhauler, and he has a F450 or 550, and he says he's within the trucks limits (but not by much) when he's loaded and ready.

Not even.....for the real monster toyhaulers, you're overweight before you even add cargo on most one ton dually trucks.

One TT'er (Old-Man) has a big toyhauler, and he has a F450 or 550, and he says he's within the trucks limits (but not by much) when he's loaded and ready.

Come on CH...don't be such a spoil-sport. You know a 1/2 ton can pull, handle AND STOP a loaded 30 footer with no problem. :thumbsup:

30 footer? heck if you are wanting to haul 4 sleds and have lots of kitchen/sleeping room you will be looking at 45 footers.... by that time you may as well just buy a kenworth

To fit 4 sleds takes a lot of room, at least here in the west with mountain sleds that are around 12' long each! So you would need at least 24' of cargo room but 26'-28' would be better, plus living space, you might as well get a semi and trailer at that length, but where could you take a rig that long for snowmobiling? Most of my buddies prefer sled decks and a short trailer to get into and back out of the good riding, no 4 place enclosed trailers for them.

-mt-

How bout a get a small little conversion van or small c class rv and then a stacker trailer. I don't know anything about sleds but could they fit in a stacker trailer? 2 above, 2 below?

30 footer? heck if you are wanting to haul 4 sleds and have lots of kitchen/sleeping room you will be looking at 45 footers.... by that time you may as well just buy a kenworth

x100.

How bout a get a small little conversion van or small c class rv and then a stacker trailer. I don't know anything about sleds but could they fit in a stacker trailer? 2 above, 2 below?

They might fit, but the weight of the trailer alone will probably be over the tow limits of a conversion van or class C.

They might fit, but the weight of the trailer alone will probably be over the tow limits of a conversion van or class C.

Doesn't matter to some of the guys on here...come on where's your sense of adventure?

Actually that's what I was inferring when I commented on pulling a 30 ft trailer loaded with a 1/2 ton. To a lot of TT'rs it's no big deal!!!:thumbsup: