Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeepentj

2010 450F Fuel Range

8 posts in this topic

I'm curious if anybody has tracked the number of miles they're getting out a tank of gas on the EFI 450. I understand a lot of variables play into this number (terrain, speed, etc.) but I'm curious if anybody has been able to squeeze 50 miles (or more).

Thanks,

David

Anything over 30 miles at race speed and your pushing it!

IMS has a tank built that is 2.4 gal. They just filled their first orders last tuesday with more to come. I'm on the waiting list and hope to have one soon.

JB

Anything over 30 miles at race speed and your pushing it!

IMS has a tank built that is 2.4 gal. They just filled their first orders last tuesday with more to come. I'm on the waiting list and hope to have one soon.

JB

Good to know somebody is able to make a larger tank for the bike as a 30 mile range isn't much. I'm anxious to see some pictures of the tank on the bike to see how it looks...

Interesting. I wondered how they were going to add more capacity. It looks like they did it buying going up which means the bike carries its weight higher. I wonder if it affects handling?

Ive gotten 34 on a rich setting that a magazine recommends for tight trails which is what i run. I can do almost 40 out in the desert but thats running a really lean advanced setting. I couldnt imagine more than 35-40 at race pace non sandy terrain.