Print Your Own Parts Book (YZFM 426)

Print Your Own Parts Book (YZFM 426)

One of the first things I did when I discovered the HLSM Yamaha on-line parts fiche (and mail order store) that someone posted here was print out each fiche and parts list and put the pages in a binder. This is a great tool to have in your shop to help you work on your bike and to make sure you get the correct part for your scoot. I refer to mine so often I had to reprint it because the first one I did is oil-stained on every page (unfortunately for me I’ve ordered parts from almost every fiche).

At any rate it occurred to me that, due to the embedded frames nature of the HLSM site, not everybody had the patience to figure out how to print each “frame” separately. So, being the helpful sort (or trying to), I decided to post a link to each exploded view (GIF) and each corresponding parts list (HTML) so whoever wants to can just click and print, click and print their way to a complete parts manual.

If this ain’t helpful to anybody then apologies to Bryan for wasting Thumpertalk server space ?

The below is links for all the fiche for the ’00 YZFM 426. To successfully print the entire parts LIST page you will probably have to go to the “File” menu and click “Page Setup” then select “Landscape” but I think all the “Exploded View” shots (GIFs) will fit on a page normally.

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Alternate-Chassis Exploded View LIST

<LI>Fender Exploded View LIST

<LI>Frame Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Brake Caliper Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Wheel Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Arm Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Brake Caliper Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Master Cylinder Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Suspension Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Wheel Exploded View LIST

<LI>Seat Exploded View LIST

<LI>Side Cover Exploded View LIST

<LI>Stand – Footrest Exploded View LIST

<LI>Radiator – Hose Exploded View LIST

<LI>Water Pump Exploded View LIST

<LI>Clutch Exploded View LIST

<LI>Shift Cam – Fork Exploded View LIST

<LI>Shift Shaft Exploded View LIST

<LI>Transmission Exploded View LIST

<LI>Electrical 1 Exploded View LIST

<LI>Generator Exploded View LIST

<LI>Handle Switch – Lever Exploded View LIST

<LI>Starter Exploded View LIST

<LI>Camshaft – Chain Exploded View LIST

<LI>Crankcase Exploded View LIST

<LI>Crankcase Cover1 Exploded View LIST

<LI>Crankshaft – Piston Exploded View LIST

<LI>Cylinder Exploded View LIST

<LI>Oil Cleaner Exploded View LIST

<LI>Oil Pump Exploded View LIST

<LI>Valve Exploded View LIST

<LI>Carburetor Exploded View LIST

<LI>Exhaust Exploded View LIST

<LI>Fuel Tank Exploded View LIST

<LI>Intake Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Fork Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Master Cylinder Exploded View LIST

<LI>Steering Exploded View LIST

<LI>Steering Handle – Cable Exploded View LIST

I hope someone finds this useful because that was a pain in the rear (geez, I hope it works). Maybe I am underestimating the Web Prowess of the avg. Thumpertalk denizen? Can everybody figure out how to print it without my help? Or are Boit and I the only ones who think a parts book is a necessity? Comments?

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 01-10-2001).]

Hick, As usual you've supplied some useful info here. I do all my own wrenching on EVERYTHING I own and this will come in very handy since I live about an hour and a half from the nearest dealer and I certainly don't like paying their prices on anything! I've printed out only the first section so far but for all interested out there, my kids can do more on the computer than me and I found it very easy to do. Just wanted to give you a response before I settle in to print it all. Thanks again!

Urb

00 YZ426

S.E. Pa.

------------------

like a kid again, 00426

Has anyone put all the gifs & PN lists into one file in Word? If not, I guess since it's my idea, I got the job. I'm working from home today, and my connection is really slow, but if I have time, I'll pull everything down tomorrow & create the .doc. I'll let you know when it's done and can email it to anyone who needs it.

Tom,

98 YZFK 400 is below, I hope. Here is a link to the page with all of the models listed HLSM Yamaha Dirt Bikes

Plus, I missed a section on the above ’00 426 post, the “Valve” page. I will correct and include this part in bold type (just before carburetor and after oil pump).

I just did a “replace with” and subbed “98YZ400FK” for “2000YZ426FM” and reposted below, cross your fingers…

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI>Alternate-Chassis Exploded View LIST

<LI>Fender Exploded View LIST

<LI>Frame Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Brake Caliper Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Wheel Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Arm Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Brake Caliper Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Master Cylinder Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Suspension Exploded View LIST

<LI>Rear Wheel Exploded View LIST

<LI>Seat Exploded View LIST

<LI>Side Cover Exploded View LIST

<LI>Stand – Footrest Exploded View LIST

<LI>Radiator – Hose Exploded View LIST

<LI>Water Pump Exploded View LIST

<LI>Clutch Exploded View LIST

<LI>Shift Cam – Fork Exploded View LIST

<LI>Shift Shaft Exploded View LIST

<LI>Transmission Exploded View LIST

<LI>Electrical 1 Exploded View LIST

<LI>Generator Exploded View LIST

<LI>Handle Switch – Lever Exploded View LIST

<LI>Starter Exploded View LIST

<LI>Camshaft – Chain Exploded View LIST

<LI>Crankcase Exploded View LIST

<LI>Crankcase Cover1 Exploded View LIST

<LI>Crankshaft – Piston Exploded View LIST

<LI>Cylinder Exploded View LIST

<LI>Oil Cleaner Exploded View LIST

<LI>Oil Pump Exploded View LIST

<LI>Valve Exploded View LIST

<LI>Carburetor Exploded View LIST

<LI>Exhaust Exploded View LIST

<LI>Fuel Tank Exploded View LIST

<LI>Intake Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Fork Exploded View LIST

<LI>Front Master Cylinder Exploded View LIST

<LI>Steering Exploded View LIST

<LI>Steering Handle – Cable Exploded View LIST

It looks like it is working...

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited 01-10-2001).]

Geez Hick, this was very generous of you to go through all the trouble. Being the goofy geezer that I am, I always just ran from the garage to fire up my PC, go to the bookmarked microfiche site to find what I wanted. This will save me so much time. You're OK...want my car? It's an '87 Civic... ?

Thanks a bunch Hick,

I was going to print out the parts when i first got my 426 but I decided to wait til i had more time...well now you already did it for us! All i have to do is wait til tommorrow until i can get ALOT of paper ? Thanks a Bunch!

Garrett

------------------

I get my kicks on a 2001' YZ426!

Friendswood, TX

If anybody want the 99 I have already done a Word/Excel Matrix for it. I combined the pics and the parts list into a single document. I can send it to anyone that wants it.

------------------

Scott #431

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics

Hick, Just completed printing. Only took about an hour or so. Of course, I guess that depends on your printer, etc... I don't know that having it in a word doc would make it much quicker. I guess it would be easier for the end user to download and print. Fewer clicks of the mouse and all. Still, was not that bad. Thanks again.

I'll use it! Just my two scents.

Urb

Hick -Thanks for all the info and the trouble it must have been. This will be aweseome... I will print it today and can not wait to go through it.

Hey everyone, not sure where you all are at but there is talk of a colorado thumper trip this spring/early summer. We want to get a bunch of thumpertalk.com members together and ride.. If interested check out the topic of Colorado Thumper Trip for more info!

Could be a great time!

WOW this manual will be awesome, I have 1/2 of it printed so far and its very cool.

Thanks again to Hick for all the work it must have been to post this info. I am ready for a binder, tabs and sheet protectors (to protect from the grease). Its a good thing I am a manager at an office supply company as it is a tree killer for sure. Have plenty of paper handy but its worth it! Thanks again Hick!

If anybody makes a single document out of it, how about firing it through Acrobat and making a PDF file? Everyone can read PDF in their browser, and zoom into the pictures as desired as well - a benefit over a word processor file.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a Paul that just sent me a email asking for the file but when I tried to send it to your Rocketmail and Juno accounts it told me you don't have accounts. If you have another email address let me know and I will send it to that one.

------------------

Scott #431

Some Fear Racing "Cause if you don't have any you ain't going fast enough"

'99 YZ400F(Coming to a Theater near you soon)

'92 ZX-7R and '97 ZX-7RR

"Doesn't hurt till the bone is exposed"

"When cut do you bleed green? I do!"

Pics